Feedback From One Of Our Blinded Marines Who Went To Spain

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Spanish_Dave, Nov 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Dear Dave

Firstly may I sincerely thank you and your colleagues on making a thoroughly enjoyable weekend in Spain possible and accordingly may I also offer my gratitude for funds that were made available through Taff.

As you are probably aware I was medically discharged from the Corps and registered blind with peripheral vision. Whilst I am reasonably mobile I miss what most regard as obvious. For example, whilst running through the quiet country lanes my concentration is on the ground tone and shadows. On one occasion I missed the obvious running straight into the rear end of a parked horse!

Whilst I try to be independant at times its so refreshing to have people around that want to help and in doing so I'm beginning to realise it helps to alleviate stress.

The weekend had a profound effect in that "I chilled" in the peace and tranquility that the beautiful venue presented coupled with the help and good company offered by the lads.

Finally I would have written earlier, however I was awaiting receipt of your address which I now know was sent to me by TEXT! The obvious thing I dont do is text

Thank you again for your kindness and I wish you all the best for the future.

Yours Sincerely

S**** S******

Although my name is on the letter it is all of us that have made this possible so please try to visit the site where many owners donate property from, you can also get a good deal for a holiday from here

2. P=SS taking cnut :D :D made me cackle

3. Spanish_Dave

I had to chuckle about him running into a horse though, I wonder who was frightened the most :lol:

4. There are some in the Naafi bar that consider that a form of foreplay! :wink:

5. Spanish_Dave

And his mates sending him a text knowing he cant see it

6. Quality Dave, nice to hear. I'm still worried about the state of the golf course though...

7. Good un mate.
    made me laff.
    Anyways keep it up :D

edited for mongloid spelling :p