Feds coming to London 2012

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Raven2008, Nov 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. US 'Wants FBI Agents At London Olympics' - Yahoo!

Anyhow theres a few agents at the embassy including the LeGat Legal Attache however I wonder if other countries be bringing their own security teams as well to protect their athletes. For sure the Israelis will be :)
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

As long as their status is the same as UK plod,I.e. unarmed. UK armed response teams should deal with armed incidents. Not able to read article so may have been covered.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk
  3. There is a risk of innocent civilians being caught in the cross fire.

Ages ago now, at the time of CND protests outside Nuclear bases, I was talking to an RAF NCO. As it was nominally an RAF base being used by the US, some bright spark thought it a good idea to have un-armed RAF guys in the front line of the defence facing the protesters.

The next line of defence was armed US servicemen. the RAF guys were more worried about the US guys than they were about the demonstrators.
  4. As long as you don't mention the 'fake' Special Relationship part have a nice day...
  5. How fares the King's quarrel in France?
    • Like Like x 3
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

G4S in charge of security (they lost the keys to a prison in Birmingham recently. Cost of replacement - £250k)

"Theresa May and culture and sport secretary Jeremy Hunt, are taking turns to chair security meetings about the Olympics". The same Theresa May who presided over a Borders Agency policy that allowed foreign nationals into the UK without checks so as to avoid queues at airports? The same Jeremy Hunt who has acted like a poodle throughout the NotW scandal and who tried to block the Panorama expose of the Fifa bribery scandal?

With 6 months to go Locog decide they actually need twice the number of security personnel they thought they would need.

And now up to 1,000 tooled-up Septics poodling about the place.

What could possibly go wrong? I dunno what my plans are for next summer, but London does not figure in them.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Don't we usually dress them up in Met uniforms when they're in town?
  8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

To be honest the capital has been a wash with foreign assets either on recce for next year, or checking out how switched on UK services are. It's definitely a time for all current disagreements and contentions to be put aside for the next 18 months. I'll start calling my 'enemies' (or more correctly the people that have previously designated me as an 'enemy', sleeper, potential, primary etc!) again from about Jan. 2013, until then the primary objective is the security of all visitors to the UK unless they want to loose rounds or make things (or themselves) go bang.
  9. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

To be honest the Foreign Office designates 'legal' embassy staff and associated personnel, passing that status on to the Home Office (and thence to MI5). So long as the relevant embassies pass their people's files, MI5 (MA5!!!) shouldn't really be more overstretched than they were already going to be; they'll be really pissed off if A4 end up chasing illegals who should have been announced rather than other primaries. As to everybody else it'll probably be the most exciting national security/DoR exercise ever, if everything goes well.
  10. That's not likely to include any Brits though, not in London.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. BUT, our own civilian Mr Plod regularly do not follow their own laws and rules, do they. And if they make mistakes and errors, they all close ranks to protect the guilty.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Does this mean that the only people without security cover will be the Brits? :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk
  13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

It's not like there haven't been 'illegals' here doing that for years? My particular favourites this year were the fellows I met around Westminster Cathedral. I was having quite hard times so was getting some hand outs, and noticed that certain types seemed to speak about six languages, but spoke broken heavily accented English. I constantly wouldn't have that the specific people couldn't speak English and wouldn't you know when no one was listening they'd suddenly spoke scarily good English usually with an ironic smile or a wink, one could almost venture close to native. Always makes me smile when people speak about the newly arrived citizens of ex-satellite and soviet nations who 'can't even speak English and take our jobs'; actually they probably speak English better than you, have degrees coming out of their noses, work ethic that will have you running west out of Berlin, and could physically tie you in knots.
    • Like Like x 1