Federal Protective Forces G4S (formerly Wackenhut) Eurocopter C1 BK117

A decade back a job advert for Chief Pilot for Wackenhut ( now G4S USA ops ) at Savannah Nuke Site, came across for my attention. Only slight prob I am a Brit and no way do I have mil flight background let along flight training lest hours lol!

They fly armed legacy then Eurocopter BK117C1 (what D & C Cornwall Constabularly and East Anglian Air Ambulance used to fly), pretty rare to find any photos of said a/c.

If I am correct our CNC plod are armed?

cheers

they appear to still use the BK 117 in Germany for EMS; I was in Berlin on holidays recently and they could be seen regularly, in their yellow paint scheme.

2nd pic down.....they also seem to use some kind of inflatable ground troops as seen by person extreme left of pic ,
guy's in black at rear of Helli are in the process of inflating another one .,

Having to protect glowy stuff that will knacker you in minutes ? Not for this call sign! Bugger that. Especially nowadays with the various nut jobs and groups springing up. You'd need to be armed and put people down quick just to protect the public.

they appear to still use the BK 117 in Germany for EMS; I was in Berlin on holidays recently and they could be seen regularly, in their yellow paint scheme.
ADAC Christoph 31 based in Berlin flies Airbus Helicopters H135 ...however when i was in Berlin for ILA back end of April, there were ADAC yellow newer Airbus Helicopters H145 (BK117D2) flying over the city.

The original BK117C1 are very few in numbers in ADAC due to newer H135 and H145, thus some are used as back up a/c.

Cheers

Latest Threads