Federal Judge Finds N.S.A. Wiretaps Were Illegal

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Apr 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hopefully this reflects the beginning of a trend in returning to the principles of our Constitutional protections against an over-reaching federal government. History is full of examples of abuses by overzealous or unscrupulous bureaucrats when such measures are allowed, even if under "strict" limits. Yet another reminder of the wisdom of our founders.

2. I for one am glad to see America returning to her core values. I might not like or agree with some of the things she stands for, but by and large and on the whole they are a force for what I'd think of as 'Good'. The whole immediately-post-Cold War thing was too confusing.
  3. If he lived in the UK, there is fair old chance that Judge Vaughn R. Walker might be found dead in a wood somewhere having committed, er, suicide. And the details of the inquiry into his death held secret for 70 years.
  4. So, did all that wire tapping uncover any wrong doing?
  5. Meh, it will be appealed higher (9th Circuit).

Interstingly Pelosi tried to hold up his appointment over the Gay Olympics when he was the US Olympic Committee lawyer.

He believes lead counsel in securities class action suits should be up for Auction. I'll see if I can find his rate of being overturned by higher courts.