Fed up with London during the Olympics?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Jul 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are you fucking kidding me?! I know bankers are rich but even they'd be disgusted at the price of a pint over there, compared to London.

Dirty robbing boggy cunts.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Not to worry. Got a brewery in SA. Pint runs to about £1.50 there. Sort you out with a 50 litre keg for around £50. Got steak and biltong too, so drop in for a jar or three.

Oh yes, we're around 5000 miles away from the fucking Olympics so zero chance of being irritated by any of that shit.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sounds good but what about all the uppity, errm, natives running around murdering folks?
  4. I'd need a cheap beer after I'd been arse raped and car jacked by kaffirs.
  5. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

How about being bored of the Olympics and it has not even feckin' started yet. G4S has got a lot to answer for; they've switched everyone off before kick off. Twats.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I care not. I'm off to the deepest darkest south.

And I don't mean Portsmouth.
  7. Fed up with London? Go the U.S.!
  8. London must be getting quite a fun place. As well as 'zil lane roulette' as you try to work out what few square inches of the public highway you an drive on without being fined to death, there's the excitement of wondering whether you're more likely to be killed by a self-detonating beardman or an ND-ing copper.

Also, the streets seem for some reason to be being filled with plastic statues of giant, angry-looking psychadelic cocks:

9. Fed up with the Olympics, go to the Cayman Islands.
  10. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

do they need help? I under stand romney has mislaid a few hundred million
  11. It is expensive if your idea of Ireland is limited to Temple Bar. Serve you right for drinking in Dublin, especially if you're too poor :wink:
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Not fed up at all. Really looking forward to an exciting session of sports. What I am fed up with is the endless nay sayers going on about, it'll fail, oh woe is us. So G4S got it wrong, thank goodness we still have armed forces to help. Oh no, London is to be flooded with pickpockets, at least the police are trying to do something about this. The traffic is so bad we will all die lot are begining to sound a bit thin. Last time was 48 years ago, and this time its only for 2 months and may never come back, certainly not in my lifetime. Stop whinning about it and get involved. I am dismayed by those who want it to fail, so they can do the "I told you so" routine. Is their pride in being British so diminished that they are willing to do this great nation down at every opportuniy? The Olympics is a brilliant spectacle and any of you involved in public displays know what a nightmare some of those are behind the scenes, so imagine what this one is like for a world wide audience. Ok rant over, breath and steps away from the keyboard.
    • Like Like x 3