Fecking technology...

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
I've really only got myself to blame for this. Yesterday I had my cardreader in a laptop with the card from my camera. Intuition is a funny thing...not that long ago a computer-geek warned me against just pulling a USB out without following the instructions from the machine. I do it all the time because nothing has ever gone wrong. there must have been a faint smell of sulphur in the air as the advice flashed past me and I was thinking...Huh, no worries...except that when I tried to take a pic a couple of hours later I got the message Card Locked. Is there actually a way to 'unlock' a memory card? Any advice greatly appreciated...in the end I'll likely have to buy a new one but sooner not have to....

I've really only got myself to blame for this. Yesterday I had my cardreader in a laptop with the card from my camera. Intuition is a funny thing...not that long ago a computer-geek warned me against just pulling a USB out without following the instructions from the machine. I do it all the time because nothing has ever gone wrong. there must have been a faint smell of sulphur in the air as the advice flashed past me and I was thinking...Huh, no worries...except that when I tried to take a pic a couple of hours later I got the message Card Locked. Is there actually a way to 'unlock' a memory card? Any advice greatly appreciated...in the end I'll likely have to buy a new one but sooner not have to....
Try doing a quick format on the card.
First try your inbuilt device menu, and if that doesn't work, try putting it in a laptop and formatting from there.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
First try your inbuilt device menu, and if that doesn't work, try putting it in a laptop and formatting from there.
If that doesn't work, try on a device using a different operating system (Windows, Android).

Which on reflection is what you said.

Christ! I don't even know what a card reader is - is it one of those USB drives?

This would work a treat

1561811765484.jpeg

I recently did similar with a 64Gb card in a mp3 player. The mp3 player now refuses to accept external sd cards and is limited to the internal 8Gb.

bcsack

Old-Salt
Ciggie - there's a tiny "switch" on the edge of the card - you've probably moved that to the "locked" position.

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
Ta mucker...that all went sort of 'whooooosh'...but the essence is: it can possibly be rectified? If so I'll pass the tasonto a savvy mate...me---technology, well not totally niave but not at the fecking weekend ;)
Sure you haven’t accidentally knocked the locking switch on the side of the card a tad?
The what?????....this sounds like a guitar pedal.....bit of waaah, y'know ;) Really, I do know a bit about computers but yep I'm a bit like Jen off the IT Crowd !!!!!

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
When the Malaysian broadcasting authority signed the contract for an off-the-wall TV series they didn't notice that the crafty BBC had actually signed them off for Monty THE Python, a gift (?) from Gerald Durrell they had been trying to get rid of for years.....

When the Malaysian broadcasting authority signed the contract for an off-the-wall TV series they didn't notice that the crafty BBC had actually signed them off for Monty THE Python, a gift (?) from Gerald Durrell they had been trying to get rid of for years.....

Why did the python cross the road?....

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
Gentlemen....what can I say ? A thousand thanks to you. Indeed it was a small matter of the little switch on the side...never noticed it before...hence comments about Is this a waaah??? As I said, I'm not a total technology berk...I am now mystified as to why such a device would need a 'locking' system...anyone care to elucidate ?????

ancient_lbv

Old-Salt
Gentlemen....what can I say ? A thousand thanks to you. Indeed it was a small matter of the little switch on the side...never noticed it before...hence comments about Is this a waaah??? As I said, I'm not a total technology berk...I am now mystified as to why such a device would need a 'locking' system...anyone care to elucidate ?????
So you can’t accidentally erase it if you’ve got important stuff on there.

To lock it I believe

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bill4725 The NAAFI Bar 39
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 240
Ciggie The NAAFI Bar 95

Latest Threads