fecking pissed of with beret!

#1
its been done i know, ive searched and read answers but....

after a whole year of trying to shink my beret im at my wits end, yeah its pukka shape etc i just cant the frigging over hang smaller, done hot cold a billion times and it aint shrinking. any other ideas??? its a navy blue one.

:twisted:
 
#4
Indiferent PM sent, You will be in my in tray if not sorted by the 9th!

Stilts
 
#5
Did you stop the Hot/Cold process on hot? If so it's likely to stay at it's normal size......also drying it in a tumble dryer aftermay do it, reshape it only using cold ater afterwards...
 
#9
right its going in the tumbler!!!! ive rang everywhere to day tring get one over night no joy, small crown co aint answering either grrrrr
 
#11
my overhang is shite too, going to go in hot shower for abit shape it then switch to cold take it off and leave it in airing cupboard to dry out and it should shrink, only job to do then is slowly stretch the band to fit your noggin' again - hope it doesnt fcuk it up need it for sunday no surplus stores or online shops that can get it to me for saturday :(
 

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
#12
callum13 said:
my overhang is shite too, going to go in hot shower for abit shape it then switch to cold take it off and leave it in airing cupboard to dry out and it should shrink, only job to do then is slowly stretch the band to fit your noggin' again - hope it doesnt fcuk it up need it for sunday no surplus stores or online shops that can get it to me for saturday :(
These Remembrance Parades do come as such a surprise don't they? It would be so helpful if they happened at about the same time every year so you could sort your admin out before the event. It's not like you had any time to actually plan ahead or anything is it?
 
#13
Dubora do a very quick service usually overnight, but its a bit late in the day for that now


Dubora Small Crown Beret


To put it bluntly, the issue ones only shink so much, if its too bit then no matter what you do you are shagged, small crown berets like duboras are designed to be small
 
#14
Legs said:
callum13 said:
my overhang is shite too, going to go in hot shower for abit shape it then switch to cold take it off and leave it in airing cupboard to dry out and it should shrink, only job to do then is slowly stretch the band to fit your noggin' again - hope it doesnt fcuk it up need it for sunday no surplus stores or online shops that can get it to me for saturday :(
These Remembrance Parades do come as such a surprise don't they? It would be so helpful if they happened at about the same time every year so you could sort your admin out before the event. It's not like you had any time to actually plan ahead or anything is it?
Balls next you will be telling people they can celebrate theie own special day each year to mark another year passing
 
#15
sorted silvermans thanks for your help!!!!!!! staple belt and victor on the way will be here in morning, not cheapset but gets me out of the shit!!!!!!!
 
#17
Legs said:
These Remembrance Parades do come as such a surprise don't they? It would be so helpful if they happened at about the same time every year so you could sort your admin out before the event. It's not like you had any time to actually plan ahead or anything is it?

found out last night (wednesday) that i would be marching,I was going to go down in civvies with family as have not done phase 2 and therefore not a fully trained soldier and "worthy" of marching on sunday, Been brushing up on my drill all day. Yes my beret is respectable how it is at the moment but its issue and therefore 2 sizes too big and the overhang comes down to my chin. but if im going to do this i am going to try do it to the highest standards.
 
#18
callum13 said:
found out last night (wednesday) that i would be marching,I was going to go down in civvies with family as have not done phase 2 and therefore not a fully trained soldier and "worthy" of marching on sunday, Been brushing up on my drill all day.
I'm doing it but haven't even started phase 1 yet! I'm really hoping I don't let the old boys down.
 
#19
callum13 said:
my overhang is shite too
This seems to caused by starting the overhang at the leather band.

What you need to do is to create a 2-3cm gap of beret before pulling it over.

Can post a pic if this makes no sense.

msr
 
#20
msr said:
callum13 said:
my overhang is shite too
This seems to caused by starting the overhang at the leather band.

What you need to do is to create a 2-3cm gap of beret before pulling it over.

Can post a pic if this makes no sense.

msr
CHeers msr, see what ive done now. thanks alot :D
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Plastic Yank The NAAFI Bar 3
reassuringly_badgers The NAAFI Bar 12
E The Intelligence Cell 5

Similar threads

Latest Threads