Fecking morons

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just to round off what finished off being a shite year, some morons seem to have gotten my bank card details which led to my bank putting a block on my card on New Year's Eve.

Hopefully they will catch the twats seeing as they have used it to top up their mobile phones and oreder food from Just Eat

Gits, bank very kindly said they will send out new card once bank opens again which is Wednesday, so allowing for postage should have card by weekend so no food or petrol until then.

Hangings too good for some feckwits.

P

PrinceAlbert

Have you considered that you're the moron for being slack with your bank details?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Have you considered that you're the moron for being slack with your bank details?
Briefly but discounted that on the grounds of not being a fan of online shopping, do not do online banking and generally being a tightfisted Jock who pays for everything in pound notes, which are still legal tender!

Plus Mrs F is the online shopping queen of the district, and no such fraud on her card. So if a PC hack then they would have had hers.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's a well known fact as stated by various banks, news agencies, etcetc, that there are major card cloning organisations in the UK. All you've got to do is use your card in the wrong cash machine, the wrong corner shop, whatever, and with someone watching over your shoulder, they've got your card to spend at will.

Doesn't mean you're slack with your drills at all.

P

PrinceAlbert

Doesn't mean you're slack with your drills at all.
You can spot a rigged cash machine. With chip and pin there's no reason for someone to even touch your bank card. So all in all, slack drills.

Any tit that puts their personal details on the internet gets everything they deserve,No I repeat No such thing as a secure web page/site,get of your arrses and go to the bank/shop/post office FFS......

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You can spot a rigged cash machine. With chip and pin there's no reason for someone to even touch your bank card. So all in all, slack drills.
You absolutely cannot if it's been done by a top-of-the-line outfit.

it happened to me. I only ever take cash out of the indoor ATM at my bank branch, never use it on-line, but someone used my debit card details to get £1800 of foreign currency from the on-line post office. The money was replaced by my bank in 3 days, and the new card was with me in 5 days. Santander is the bank in question.

Can't your bank arrange for an emergency cash thingy??

There are always going to be some one who has 24 hrs a day to figure out how to rip one off.

Monkeys? I thought they were just slightly hirsute
In your part of the world, they'd class as lightly shaved. Jings, crivvens and help ma' boab*.

*Guess who got The Broons album for Christmas.

B

Biscuits_AB

Gits, bank very kindly said they will send out new card once bank opens again which is Wednesday, so allowing for postage should have card by weekend so no food or petrol until then.

Just finished off some duck, roast beef, roast potatoes, parsnips, veg and a very nice stodgie pudding. I'll give it an hour before I tear into the cheese and crackers. Don't want to over do it.

should have card by weekend so no food or petrol until then.
Just nick somebody's gold fillings when you've got them under the laughing gas. Tell the bloke in the petrol station that it's a sovereign that melted when you left it on top of a radiator.

Yes you can.

The card details may have been stolen from discarded bank letters etc.
No, you can't. On account of there being absolutely nothing outside of the machine to see. The "best" kit now resides internally and transfers the card details to a scammer by the same tech as is used in an Oyster card. The nice people in crime prevention will bring one to show you if you work somewhere with ATMs on the premises.

And yes, it could also have been through discarded letters.

Not a bit of it.

It happened to me, £5 and half grand. Was very careful with my card, but some scrote still had my holiday of a lifetime in South Africa.
Did good old Halifax inform me that I was spending over £500 a day? Did they arseholes.

WANKERS, all of them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Plastic Yank The NAAFI Bar 3
reassuringly_badgers The NAAFI Bar 12
E The Intelligence Cell 5