Fecking CCTV and OCR

Working my way through my post this morning, two penalty charge notices, one from the City of London, one from the London Borough of Hackney, both offences dated 20/04/2022. On the given date and times I was sat on my arrse in North Manchester with the car on the drive. Wasted a chunk of time responding to both saying, no, not me, I drive a silver hatchback, the car in your videos is a dark saloon. Closer inspection of the evidence shows this,

1651240187865.png

My reg plate ends ABU.

FFS. I do wish people would stop thinking computers are the answer to everything. They're not, I know this because I've been paid to write code for the barstard things since 1988. My Friday afternoon off has not gone to plan.

FFS. I do wish people would stop thinking computers are the answer to everything. They're not, I know this because I've been paid to write code for the barstard things since 1988. My Friday afternoon off has not gone to plan.
Well, if you and your colleagues wrote better code then there would be less false positives like this.

Really, you've got no-one to blame but yourself.

Well, if you and your colleagues wrote better code then there would be less false positives like this.

Quite. A bad workman always blames his tools. :twisted:

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Working my way through my post this morning, two penalty charge notices, one from the City of London, one from the London Borough of Hackney, both offences dated 20/04/2022. On the given date and times I was sat on my arrse in North Manchester with the car on the drive. Wasted a chunk of time responding to both saying, no, not me, I drive a silver hatchback, the car in your videos is a dark saloon. Closer inspection of the evidence shows this,

View attachment 659214

My reg plate ends ABU.

Blame the bloke at Kwik Fit for not putting a white cap over the retaining screw.

I wonder if the bloke that actually did write the ANPR code has ever got a ticket?

Perhaps they anticipated it and wrote something like:

if (whitelist.contains(detected_reg_no)) then {
no_further_action(detected_reg_no)
} else {
crucify_the_bastard(detected_reg_no)
}

Slime

LE

View attachment 659214

My reg plate ends ABU.

At least that’s a close match.

This video below details a more silly case :)

Despite having nothing to do with the development of the software in question, I shall take myself outside and chastise my myself severely. Thank you, you've helped immensley.

I wonder if the bloke that actually did write the ANPR code has ever got a ticket?

} else {
}
As long as he retains access to the code he's good...

} else {
}
On a similar basis, a friend used to work for a well known telecoms company and I asked if the CEO paid a phone bill. It turned out the CEO and all the top echelon and certain favoured staff paid nothing for their phone service or else only paid a nominal amount, like Eu 1 a year and this went on for ages until the Revenue found out and did them for benefit in kind, so the company simply changed the code for the CEO's phone to show a bill, but the Company simply paid the bill and his effective cost was near zero.

} else {
}

People that don't put their opening curly braces on a new line shouldn't be allowed to have cars.

View attachment 659214

My reg plate ends ABU.

Some bloke called Abu is laughing his c*ck off at you…