Feck !!! What goes on at Fur Farms

Now I consider myself to be of a fairly strong constitution, but...........

This made me feel quite ill.

N.B. WARNING - DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU'VE RECENTLY EATEN (or are vegitarian, or like animals, or are remotely human - in fact, nobody should see this).

Now, I'm all for killing animals in the name of food, but this sh1t makes me want to go for a trip to Harrods with a spray can.

TTFN

BFG

P.S. PETA themselves are not beyond reproach.

So after watching that,
I want to sign up to the animal rights activists and take part in some of their 'jobs'. I hate people who harm bunny rabbits (boiling them doesnt hurt and it is a humane way of cooking them)

No particular axe to grind either way, and I could not download the video, but what is the point of skinning something alive? This dodge was tried in Australia some years ago, when an American animal rights activist was charged with soliciting two local imbeciles to skin a young kangaroo in front of the camera to give credence to her claims that it was standard practice. Both she and the locals were convicted of animal cruelty. Logically, if you want an animals skin it would be easier to remove it when it is dead. After all, it is not going to grow a new one in a hurry.

G

Goku

I couldn’t watch the whole thing.
They skinned that poor animal alive, absolutely horrible.

I have no problem with skinning animals but that is just cruel. There is no need for that.

i'm not veggie, not opposed to leather, although hypocrital i know, i've always been against the fur trade. that was possibly the most disgusting thing i have EVER seen. how anyone could actually do that to another living creature and feel nothing is beyond my comprehension.

scania said:
So after watching that,
Are animal rights activists actually terrorists as big brother would lead us to believe, or are they simply right minded citizens with the balls to take direct action?
one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter!

that is sick i would quite happily take a knife to his arrse!

Want to say unbelievable, but somehow it isn't. It's sickening, it's barbaric and it's undoubtedly inhumane.

But seen enough mindless cruelty and wanton disregard for other beings in my life that it's all too believeable. Same mindset as the person who batters their partner, their kids, or the family dog. Just a matter of degree really. And, possibly, opportunity.

And yes, it's fúcking sickening.

I'm with Little Jack H - I watched it all the way through, and it just doesn't surprise me. I've been an unwilling witness to all manner of violence, cruelty and inhumanity in various parts of the world, and I don't think anything surprises me now. It doesn't even make me angry anymore. It just makes me sad.

Like Beanz, I eat meat and buy leather, but at least I know where that came from and the standards under which it was farmed and produced. Quite simply, living in a temperate climate I have no need of fur - I'll stick with polartec thanks.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
filthyphil said:
No particular axe to grind either way, and I could not download the video, but what is the point of skinning something alive? This dodge was tried in Australia some years ago, when an American animal rights activist was charged with soliciting two local imbeciles to skin a young kangaroo in front of the camera to give credence to her claims that it was standard practice. Both she and the locals were convicted of animal cruelty. Logically, if you want an animals skin it would be easier to remove it when it is dead. After all, it is not going to grow a new one in a hurry.
Aye, the famous Greenpeace one of the 'seal hunter' skinning a baby seal alive in front of it's mother was proven to be set up by the bunny-huggers themselves.
They'd provided loads of dosh (donated by people who really did love animals,) to a Quebecois if I recall correctly, who later had a heavy case of concience and bubbled the buggers.

i read a story earlier this year involving a company who were using real fur (rabbit i think) to make stuffed toys.

i think this is completely unneccessary what child needs a cuddly toy made of real fur?

anyway it became apparent after testing that this English based company was using cat fur to make these toys and was subsequently closed down.

so its happening on our door step and the vast majority of our population are unaware.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bill4725 The NAAFI Bar 39
hellsbrink The NAAFI Bar 63
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 240