February Newsletter - Any thoughts

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Feb 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I'm just putting together the latest ARRSE newsletter and was stuck for things to include in there. Obviously I'll be announcing the forthcoming annual Moderator election campaign but anyone think of anything else....
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mods vs others. That well supported thread involving looking at scantily clad females in many disguises but not if there lady parts are showing, Shed of the year 2013?
  3. Nominations for new mods?

Bone sockpuppet update
  4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

just printout the MiT threads that will fill it up.
  5. you could announce that I only have 195 days left til I'm a civi, also that I'm not counting.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Maybe some way of highlighting the MOD's RRS feeds - they're read so avidly and reverently by the ARRSE membership.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Agreed. I do like the way that they now tend to start the title with the words "News story: " so that we can quickly pick out these nuggets of information hidden in the dross that fills the site.
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Some nice pics of SLRs so that the youngsters can see what real soldiers carried! :cuddle:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

a puttees retrospective?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. A scurrilous rumour board. 5 Alpha has joined the TA, The Mods meet up for a game of soggy biscuit in Westminster Abbey, the NHS is using Arrse as a measure of early onset Alzheimer by counting mentions of the bloody SLR etc

The postal address of the MOD_RSS so we can all send them pointless cock clag about maters totally unrelated to the Defence of the Realm. I'm willing to write a letter a day to stop them going anywhere near a keyboard. If just 10 of us do this we can make a difference.

Oh and Tits obviously.
    • Like Like x 2

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 4
  12. Along with other such popular topics as:
    *PCS up and in or down and out.
    *Baor veterans: Wheres our NDM Medal?
    *Baor veterans: Wheres our QDJM Medal?
    *Walt! Stone him! Hang him! And his wife! and his kids! and his grandkids!
  13. Why bother? Save yourself the trouble.What's the point of a newsletter when you run a forum site? Rather pointless activity I would have thought.

• Like Like x 1