Feature film casting Les Miserables Military Men required! - Can you help?

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by Uni-versalExtras, Mar 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Can you help?

I am writing to you from a company called Uni-versalEXTRAS Ltd, we place people & students as extras in TV and Film across the UK. Our company website is Welcome to Uni-versalEXTRAS - Supplying TV and film extras for the UK & Ireland

For the musical feature film Les Miserables staring the huge acting talents of Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman, we are looking for men who have Military experience to pretend to be soldiers. Details on the film and cast Les Misérables (2012) - IMDb <Les Misérables (2012) - IMDb>

Roles & Requirements: We are looking for two roles:-

Role 1

We are looking for men we have experience of marching.

Role 2

We are looking for men who have experience of drumming while marching.

The Requirements:

You must be aged between 17yrs to 50yrs.

Your height must be between 5ft8in to 6ft2in.

Your Military experience i.e. armed forces, cadets etc

You must be able to take direction well.

Easy access to London and Pinewood Studios.

No filming experience is required just the willingness to be part of something amazing.

Filming Locations: London and Pinewood Film Studios

Filming Dates:

Wed 11th, Thur 12th and Fri 13th 18th April.
    Tue 8th, Wed 9th, Thur 10th, Fri 11th, Sat 12th, Mon 14th, Tue 15th, Wed 16th, Thur 17th, Fri 18th May - you must be available for all.

Basic Pay Per Person:

£110 a day for Marching Military

£150 a day for drumming Military

(all payments will be in line with Uni-versalEXTRAS terms and conditions which can be located on our website)

Food & Drink: Supplied.

If you would like to take part in this amazing opportunity we will need you to email the following information to ak@universalextras.co.uk

Full Name:
    Contact number:
    Basic measurements (Chest, Waist, Inside Leg, Shoe, Collar, or dress, bra, waist, shoe etc):
    Your military Experience:
    Whether you drive:
    A current head shot photo of yourself & body shot: (digital head-shot please in front of a plain background i.e. a plain wall taken with a digital camera)

Kind Regards
    A.K Lakhoo
    T: 0845 009 0344

.....Dare To Be Different!

Welcome to Uni-versalEXTRAS - Supplying TV and film extras for the UK & Ireland <Welcome to Uni-versalEXTRAS - Supplying TV and film extras for the UK & Ireland>

2. So too, unfortunately, is the army.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

This is going to end badly, I can tell.

Whilst it's true that some of our number would not class students as people, they and their parents would.
  4. I am fantastic with Jamaican Steal drums, can i keep my dread locks for the solja bit?
  5. Not too bad pay for a few days marching and if it had said 'Food and beer supplied' I may have booked leave

This bit is a bit strange though, 'Basic measurements (Chest, Waist, Inside Leg, Shoe, Collar, or dress, bra, waist, shoe etc)' - I mean, how many squaddies wore bras in those days???
  6. I don't think of students as people either.
  7. You need to post your request in here mate.

Just TA
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Some great replies here.... but how many are being quiet and dreaming of being famous... most of the TA Walts I'd say. I worked on "Full Metal Jacket" before I saw the light and the majority of extras were Para TAs. Walt City or what?
  9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I along with some other members of this site did this last year for the x men movie.

It was a good laugh and good dosh for sitting around doing **** all.

I'd be on it like a tramp on chips if it wasn't for the fact the missus is due to drop a sprog right in the middle of filming.

Get amongst it.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Pretending to be soldiers......

Sounds like a job for the RAF Regt.