Fear of losing job

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by phil37, Aug 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Most of us have secret identities in this forum because our controversial views could cost us our jobs - even if it's just in jest. Could our real identities be revealed to the police/employer if we overstep the mark ... and, in the NAAFI Bar, what would bring about such action?

2. If thats you in your avatar, you stand more risk of getting lynched for being a Gary Glitter clone

3. I use another forum which is for work related issues.
    At least 3 members of that forum were identified (through poor PERSEC) and due to the comments they had made were sacked.
    The comments that they had made, were along the lines of 'management is cr@p because...'
    So it is possible.

4. Criticise a gay padre for being a scruffy git.

5. Phooey - it sounds as if the management were crap then? Couldn't take an internet pasting, didn't listen and address concerns from their workers and when faced with a group of people expressing a common point of view, dealt with it by wielding an axe. Weak and lacking in moral fibre.

6. LOL, this is why I love this forum!

7. To add a slight twist, over here (Germany) many companies on receipt of a Bewerbung (job app'), Google the name and also search social networking sites! One way of seperating the wheat from the chaff!

8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Wasn't threats made about that thread about the little gangsta getting shot.

Never understood why it was binned, although being featured on Sky News might have helped.

9. Thats quite common in the UK now too.

10. I don't have a secret identity, which is why I openly use my picture as my avatar. I'm legendary sportsman, actor and all round great guy, O J Simpson, and I definitely didn't kill my wife.
    No siree, she just slipped on the steps...while holding a BFO knife.....several times....probably.

11. You say you're OJ Simpson...try on this glove and we'll see who is OJ Simpson, or innocent or something!

12. Here you go, I've tried on your gloves and look how small they are, far too snug to go murdering in.

[​IMG]

They are however, great for grabbing my bollocks in.
    I taught that move to Michael Jackson..........just before he killed my wife.

13. the data protection act provides you with a degree of protection from the site i.e. they won't disclose your email address. but most people who get pinged compromise themselves, through what they disclose across an accumulation of posts since they joined.

14. Would be interesting to see how much that 'degree of protection' would really be in certain situations!!! Can tell you now, nada!!!!

15. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Easy, never say anything on here that you are not prepared to say to someones face.