FCUKING TV.

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by D.I.S.C.O, Jun 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know there's been plenty of slagging of progs either fictional or factual depicting the Forces in some way or other, but .........

As all I've been able to do for the last 6/8 weeks is watch the box.

I started to watch the film SS Doomtrooper, a load of pish, particularly the bit where the "Royal Marine" attached to the elite unit, wore an RMP beret with SAS wings.

Fcuking disgraceful!!!

I was raised with 'them', know RMP who've done time with 'them' but the capbadge on the beret is an absolute disgrace.

I was raging, switched it off.

Put in on a few days later, to ensure my eyes hadn't deceived me.

Sure enough they hadn't.

Fcuking idiotic people who can't get the basic's right.

I'm curious as to;

A. How many people saw it and were deeply offended?;

and;

B. What other films have fcuked you off, dissing the forces in one way or other ?

2. Thta's awful, you'd expect so much better of a quality film like 'SS Doomtrooper' :roll:

3. to many walts about!!!!

4. Children of Men, full of Brit soldiers wearing US DPM yet carrying A1/2(Was to miffed by the DPM's to notice).

Oh and lets not forget this was whilst driving Hummers and flying around in Blackhawks.

5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

All i know of this film is what i have seen on IMDB, but i have a sneaky feeling that they did not always have the same colour beret. In the past i think they had both white and red?

6. If SS Doomtrooper is that top qualtiy film with the awesome CGI of the Doomtrooper and has an apparent mix of american and brits fighting said Doomtrooper i saw some of it but after 10 minutes i decided to go borrow the dvd 'Fried Green Tomatoes at Whistle Stop Cafe' as seemed the better option.

7. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Isn't it a rip off of Return to Castle Wolfenstein? (fantastic PC game)

8. Never heard of this one. How ever if we're talking about crap films. How about the Devils Own with Brad "the hero terrorist" Pitt, Harrison Ford and some fat bloke in a trench coat pretending to be SAS. NOW that was sodding horrindous! :x

9. very popular on you tube re ira , w***ers

10. Fair play, it was supposed to be set in the future. With Swiss Des keeping hold of MoD, we'll probably wind up wearing yank castoffs in 5 years or so. :cry:

11. hmm rename to total bone thread?

12. Saw a BBC documentary depicting 5 fictional ways in which the world could end , one was an outbreak of flu, and had the British Army setting up road blocks in london.

They had s10 resi, and UK desert DPM (not NBC suits), but M16 rifles, M1 abrams tanks and Blackhawk helicopters.

13. Watch saving Private Ryan when the linguist (Upham?) is carrying the belts for the .30 cal......... Err, I don't mean to pry but I'm sure those bullets will work a lot better with percussion caps in them. Source = IMDB

14. Mmmm, the shape of things to come......199th UK Tactical Brigade USMC.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Harry's Game - the fcuking beret he wore was attracting helicopters to land on it. Switched it off as soon as I saw the beret.