Fcuking Disguisting

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Punk_trooper, Apr 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I brought the sun today just for summat to read whilst waiting for my english breakfast and was thumbing through past all the swine flu shash and past a nutty as squirrel turd david walliams fan (whole page on the tw@t no less) turned the next page and my eye was drawn to "Blast kills Brit Hero", Obviously i agree that poor soldier was a hero and died serving all of us back home in blighty, but the Sun only felt he deserved about 3 inches on a side column on page 7!!!

What the hell is going on? our boys are out there risking life and limb and get little or no recognision for their sacrifice and yet jade goodie (no offence to her i felt for her i really did) gets weeks of press coverage dying from something she could not avoid. Our Lad CHOSE to go out their and the press dont seem to care at all, sure there should have been some sort of recognition for his life more befitting a hero.

These are sad times for britain when celebrity is more important than soldiers.

Rant Over :x
  3. 'Twas always thus, and always thus shall be.
  4. Unfortunately it tends not to sell papers, as not everyone wishes to read into our brave soldiers' stories! I agree sad times!
  5. I was reading about the USO's at american airports in the army discount forum feed is it? now thats recognition if ever i heard it, they love all allied soldiers over there. go over to the forum and dig it out if you havent read it already, it'll make you like the yanks that little bit more.
  6. More than some got during banner
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

One hates to intrude, but theres your mistake right there.

Next time, just walk on by. Pretend you are a student. Try to blend in. Buy Zoo or Nuts. They are full of tits and girls and that.

And Google 'spelling'.

Life will be chill, chill. PM me for my '101 ways to be cool and not buy the fucking Sun' newsletter.

Peace, Bud.
  8. i noticed my spelling errors just after i posted it, but being one to stand by my work i left it :p

I think i might just stick to a broadsheet from now on!!

By the way: is the Soldier magazine available in news agents or is it NAFFI only?? im signing up and wondered if the only place to read it was the AFCO?

9. Newspapers are in business to sell newspapers simple as. Also being killed on operations doesn't make you a hero, it just makes you dead unless you died whilst in the act of carrying out an heroic deed.
  10. I'd disagree with you simply because by putting your life on the line for people from another country is an heroic deed in my book, we are there to liberate the country from the Taliban, something we didn't have to do, I'm pretty sure all who served with that poor guy would disagree with you too.

Ive never crossed words with anyone on this site but i find your words a little disrespectful and insensitive considering a soldier of the British army has fallen in such a underhand and callous manner (can only assume it was an IED at this point), if you a serving personnel (which i am not yet) id be very surprised.

Everyone who has the guts to step up to the army and fight in Afghanistan is a hero to me.
  11. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

*shrug* stop reading the sun - it's a comic book for "adults"
  12. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

My bold. You are not yet, dotn say "we" until you are.

As for the second part, be surprised.
  13. I must disagree with you. Although i have much respect for my colleagues (and others) who have fallen on operations, it doesn't mean i have to think of them as heroes, nor does it mean i think any less of them. They died doing what they may (or may not have) liked doing or believed in. They may have been brave, they may not have! They may have been heroic, they may not have! It doesn't make them heroes just because they are now dead if i lay aside my sentimentalities. Thinking of someone as "not a hero" once they have died doesn't show disrespect to them if you believe a hero is a world apart from just being killed.

I've also noticed you are also a civvy......So fuckoff until you have experience to argue the point.
  14. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

It will have been like that in most papers and on the news due to MOD not releasing details until NoK have had a period of grace

Oh and be very suprised
  15. I agree with fallshirmjager with that one, he's right but it doesnt mean that lad didnt die with the honour and respect that is due, people dont get labelled heroes just for dying in combat or on duty. otherwise everyone that was lost in action would be coming home awarded with a VC.

They dont label everyone that comes back alive a hero so why should everyone killed be labelled one just for doing their job.

I wouldnt expect nor wish to be called a hero unless it was earned, yes i'd like to be missed and yes id like to be honoured as a soldier killed in action if it ever happened to me, but hero is a big label to put on someone and that is something you may not have grasped yet.

I would like to add i have complete respect for everyone that serves out there and even more for those that lose their lives liberating the afghan people, and those in iraq still