Fcuk me its humid, sweaty and superb

Scarcely any rain here for over a month, but the one day that I have about 200 sq. ft. of fresh parging cement on a foundation, one of those freak and intense thunderstorms that last about a half-hour sweeps in in a driving rain right against
I would laugh, but I know all to well how those pop up thunderstorms can fûc everything you’ve done up in a matter of minutes.....

Scarcely any rain here for over a month, but the one day that I have about 200 sq. ft. of fresh parging cement on a foundation, one of those freak and intense thunderstorms that last about a half-hour sweeps in in a driving rain right against my work, washing it all off.
Aha! So that's what we need to do over here to get some rain! Thus far I have left washing out while at work, left the car's windows down, left sacrificial offerings outside overnight (newly delivered books), and all to no avail. The latter is pushing the envelope of my comfort zone but seemed a sacrifice worth making.

Today whilst walking the dogs, I wondered if the time has come to stuff the vicar inside a wicker man but messing about with cement might be an easier option.
And saves the vicar for, erm, a rainy day.

Aha! So that's what we need to do over here to get some rain! Thus far I have left washing out while at work, left the car's windows down, left sacrificial offerings outside overnight (newly delivered books), and all to no avail. The latter is pushing the envelope of my comfort zone but seemed a sacrifice worth making.

Today whilst walking the dogs, I wondered if the time has come to stuff the vicar inside a wicker man but messing about with cement might be an easier option.
And saves the vicar for, erm, a rainy day.
We tried some effnik Indian dancing (red rather than the Gupta type). Didn't work, nada, nothing. We're having another go this evening but might have to try something else. Couple of crop circles or maybe the abo's had something more effective. I got a clip round the ear for suggesting that it might work better if we were all naked.

We tried some effnik Indian dancing (red rather than the Gupta type). Didn't work, nada, nothing. We're having another go this evening but might have to try something else. Couple of crop circles or maybe the abo's had something more effective. I got a clip round the ear for suggesting that it might work better if we were all naked.
We're thinking along the same lines...

Got any big rocks lying about? Or bales might work at a push, to set up a 'stone' circle. Friday is the night for it as the moon is almost full and doing fancy stuff so your juju woo will be at its most potent. That gives you time to get the neighbours round too for an entertaining evening.

July 2018 lunar eclipse - Wikipedia

Myself, I might have a go under the potato irrigator but don't hold out much hope... it's looking increasing dodgy for the vicar.

Got any big rocks lying about? Or bales might work at a push, to set up a 'stone' circle. Friday is the night for it as the moon is almost full and doing fancy stuff so your juju woo will be at its most potent. That gives you time to get the neighbours round too for an entertaining evening.

Myself, I might have a go under the potato irrigator but don't hold out much hope... it's looking increasing dodgy for the vicar.
I wouldn’t mind running around in that little lot

Yep, it's very unlikely there will be a second hay or silage cut this year and people over here are having to feed this year's hay already.
Yup; Feeding this years hay already. I say "hay"; really is just dried grass. It's was like baling dust.

The fields that we took hay from in June are still like stubble; just a hint of green (and that's mostly weeds).

Just returned from the village, via the canal tow path, the cherry trees are in full fruit mode, the opertunity was too good to miss, and as I always pocket a carrier bag, ( In case the Doris wants some last minute shopping) I managed to snaffle some 2 Ib of ripe black cherry, lovely!... further down the blackberry's were ripe, same scenario, about 1Ib. Looking forward to cherry and blackberry pie, with either ice cream, or a good custard. The advantages of a good few weeks of blazing sun, it compensates for the discomfort of sweaty armpits, and constant showers. END.

Rather than just chopping the wheat straw when the grain is being harvested, many here are now wind rowing it so it can be baled to get it off the fields to lessen the fuel for fires. There will be a glut of straw this year, but hay is already bringing a premium and shortages are on the near horizon.

Good idea. Some of the silage bales would make for a hay-henge. Maybe offering up one of the hens would help. Normally a virgin would be the way to go but good luck finding one of those round here.

Rather than just chopping the wheat straw when the grain is being harvested, many here are now wind rowing it so it can be baled to get it off the fields to lessen the fuel for fires. There will be a glut of straw this year, but hay is already bringing a premium and shortages are on the near horizon.
Same here. Loads of nice straw about, which is good for the Norfolk pig farmers and people with fat horses.

Take out the henge and I've seen a now ex Tory MP looking on at a very similar scene

But that was when 'back to basics' was in vogue in politics and Tories were ending up dead with an orange in their mouth wearing tights....

Good idea. Some of the silage bales would make for a hay-henge. Maybe offering up one of the hens would help. Normally a virgin would be the way to go but good luck finding one of those round here.
Hayhenge, yep, sounds perfect. Hopefully a chicken will be a suitable virginal sacrifice. You'll be needing one of these too
golden sickle.jpg

Hayhenge, yep, sounds perfect. Hopefully a chicken will be a suitable virginal sacrifice. You'll be needing one of these too
View attachment 343450
That looks better than the usual kitchen knife. Maybe an Egyptian khopesh to add a bit of the mystery of the ancients and praying for a good inundation of the Nile. Just need to organise a high priest...oh wait a bit, after a quick shuftie round the net make that priestess.

AnckSu.jpg

I think we're fixed, come Saturday its going to be tipping down.

That looks better than the usual kitchen knife. Maybe an Egyptian khopesh to add a bit of the mystery of the ancients and praying for a good inundation of the Nile. Just need to organise a high priest...oh wait a bit, after a quick shuftie round the net make that priestess.
Best to cover all bases and include a little bit of everything. That's a lot of gold bodypaint although I am sure you'll all look marvellous.

I think we're fixed, come Saturday its going to be tipping down.
Not for want of trying! :highfive:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The NAAFI Bar 7
E The NAAFI Bar 31
Aunty Stella The Intelligence Cell 13