Fcuk me its humid, sweaty and superb

I don’t bother using Fahrenheit or Celsius as a measure of heat I have my own scale
1 sticky nut = hot, 2 sticky nuts=very hot, 2 sticky nuts and rivulets of sweat running down the ring piece= scorching

Wet season here, so it's a bit cooler now.

Screenshot_20180722-122452.png

I was 13 years old in the "great drought of 76". At that age I barely noticed and couldn't give a tiny shit about hosepipe bans etc. because I had no responsibility.

Nowadays I worry about hot weather, cold weather, droughts, floods, hurricanes etc.

It fcuking sucks being a grownup. :-(
Tidworth AMF(L) Battalion. Did an exercise called Ex Green Snow in prep for that years move to Norway both South/North in that order. Dressed in cam whites carrying arctic bergen, in Ski march boots. Using both NATO planks & snow shoes on Salisbury plain in god knows what heat, only the Brits can do that, dress for the Arctic in the hottest summer.
Another tale unable to washdown the vehicles so some bright spark (Rupert) said " Wash veh in combat gas using cotton waste"can you guess the outcome of this ? British Soldier (Infantry) combat gas, cotton waste, 3/4ton Portee Landrover NAAFI break?

Yes 1 x clean 3/4ton Portee Landrover and 1 x British Soldier (Infantry) sparking up a fag at NAAFI break going up in flames running at a sub zero 8 sec 100 metres. Followed by 6 x British Soldiers (Infantry) trying to do a sub zero 7 sec 100 metres to catch him.
Poor bugger badly burned and coveralls melted too him, Rupert went on a posting and poor bugger months in hospital never to return
The joys of summer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Saw the weather forecast for next week, whilst you Southern lot will be up into the 30s again, we might reach 20 up here!

• 17 °C
    13 °C

• Tomorrow
    16 °C
    12 °C

• Tue 24 Jul
    16 °C
    12 °C

• Wed 25 Jul
    18 °C
    14 °C

• Thu 26 Jul
    21 °C
    14 °C

• Fri 27 Jul
    21 °C
    14 °C

• Sat 28 Jul
    18 °C
    12 °C

The sweet corn I’m growing (say maize here, people think you are from Quebec) is a good stand with a deep green colour, but only waist height so yield will be low. My potato crop will be dismal with an infestation of beatles and lack of precipitation so I am contemplating just ploughing them all under and calling it a day this year.
Paul and Ringo? Not seen them together in years!

Tidworth AMF(L) Battalion. Did an exercise called Ex Green Snow in prep for that years move to Norway both South/North in that order. Dressed in cam whites carrying arctic bergen, in Ski march boots. Using both NATO planks & snow shoes on Salisbury plain in god knows what heat, only the Brits can do that, dress for the Arctic in the hottest summer.
Another tale unable to washdown the vehicles so some bright spark (Rupert) said " Wash veh in combat gas using cotton waste"can you guess the outcome of this ? British Soldier (Infantry) combat gas, cotton waste, 3/4ton Portee Landrover NAAFI break?

Yes 1 x clean 3/4ton Portee Landrover and 1 x British Soldier (Infantry) sparking up a fag at NAAFI break going up in flames running at a sub zero 8 sec 100 metres. Followed by 6 x British Soldiers (Infantry) trying to do a sub zero 7 sec 100 metres to catch him.
Poor bugger badly burned and coveralls melted too him, Rupert went on a posting and poor bugger months in hospital never to return
The joys of summer
Thick cunts.

It's a bit warm and dry here in London alright.

London.JPG

And this is a pic of Clapham common posted on reddit. Fairly representative of most of the green spaces in/ around London. It's been a solid month or so since I've seen any rain.

I’ve had two rainfalls since mid May and both lasted less than 5 minutes, crops are a write off and I am waiting for my bore hole to pack it in......I am ready for autumn....
Scarcely any rain here for over a month, but the one day that I have about 200 sq. ft. of fresh parging cement on a foundation, one of those freak and intense thunderstorms that last about a half-hour sweeps in in a driving rain right against my work, washing it all off.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The NAAFI Bar 7
E The NAAFI Bar 31
Aunty Stella The Intelligence Cell 13