Fcuk me its humid, sweaty and superb

I’ve had two rainfalls since mid May and both lasted less than 5 minutes, crops are a write off and I am waiting for my bore hole to pack it in......I am ready for autumn....
I've had two rainfalls since may and both lasted less than 5 minutes and I am waiting for the wife to get off her suntanning arrse and get me another beer - I fukking luv it (the sun & beer that is - it might be a long wait for the beer though).

Last Sunday night/ Monday morning were textbook Emperor. My gaff doesn't have air conditioning and it has been ******* humid here, too much to sleep well....so I decamped, as it were, to a nice little spot I know in Parc Colleserola, 15 mins from Placa Catalunya by train which is ideal for laying down a sleeping bag. A goodly 300m above sea level, sheltered, perfect. So I lugged my 58 pattern bag up there the previous Thursday...sleep up there, daytime at work and in gaff. I've got a groundsheet that doubles as a tent if the weather gets a bit rough. I also have an anti-insect spray. Well, I have never been bitten in that spot, so left the spray at home. It's July, it's not going to rain, no need for the groundsheet either. You already know what's going to happen, don't you?!!! So, rolled up about midnight, had a couple of tinnies and a Jamaican cheroot to minimise the minor discomfort of a hard mattress. Woke up at **** knows what o'clock to find that some kind of vampire insect had attacked my face and hands...star shot actually on my lip, which swelled to the size of a Cumberland sausage...another cheroot to quell the pain ...then.....about 0700 radical temperature drop and full-scale thunderstorm for about an hour...pretty amazing...really close in, so every burst of thunder was like a ******* howitzer going off next to your ear. My dear 58 Pattern rapidly turned into a paddling-pool...drowned rat wouldn't do justice to what I looked like. Monday was cancelled. Happy camper? No I ******* well wasn't!!!!
But apart from all of that tickety boo?

Last edited:
I've had two rainfalls since may and both lasted less than 5 minutes and I am waiting for the wife to get off her suntanning arrse and get me another beer - I fukking luv it (the sun & beer that is - it might be a long wait for the beer though).
Well, if you’re in Ontario and fukking luv it, I hope you are a vegan since come fall you’re not going to luv the price of meat going through the roof....it’s gonna sück

But apart from all of that tickety boo?
Oh fuck no !!! My monthly railway ticket was quite damp...had to wait an hour for it to dry out in the sun. It worked no prob Monday..... The following day, stuck it in the machine at my local metro, which promptly ate it. With true Spanish customer service finesse, I had to wait 20 minutes for assistance. Got issued with a new ticket.....which didn't work, so got a replacement....which didn't work...so the minion let me through the barrier and told me to deal with it at the other end....which I did...another 25 minutes of my life wasted. You know those days when even someone who asks you the time is going to get chinned. This week is covered in red marker scrawls...

29c here today with a nice breeze coming out of the West. It's going to piss down for the next two days and then temperatures are set to be in the low to mid 20's for August and September.

Had a few hours rain here today, for a welcome change. Booked a weeks holiday in Tyne Valley starting next week end,that will scupper everything.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I was 13 years old in the "great drought of 76". At that age I barely noticed and couldn't give a tiny shit about hosepipe bans etc. because I had no responsibility.

Nowadays I worry about hot weather, cold weather, droughts, floods, hurricanes etc.

It fcuking sucks being a grownup. :-(

I was 13 years old in the "great drought of 76". At that age I barely noticed and couldn't give a tiny shit about hosepipe bans etc. because I had no responsibility.

Nowadays I worry about hot weather, cold weather, droughts, floods, hurricanes etc.

It fcuking sucks being a grownup. :-(
Wait a minute...who told you you are a grownup? Callous bastard whoever they are...

...but yeah, summer of 76...Dunfermline...World Death to Spiders with Magnifying-glass Gold Medal winner- Snap, Crackle and Pop alright ! Frozen Mars bars...pints and pints and pints of Irn Bru...discovering that against all previous experience in Jockland metal can get fucking hot...set me right up for my much later gig in Sudan...

Its been thunder storms every night for a week and ive a dog whos positively terrified* - cant even get him out side for a piss tonight

*And another that doesn't give a fat rats
I had a dog who was terrified of thunder as well. I used to close the curtains and put on some music loud enough to drown out the thunder and just sit with him reassuring him. It used to pretty well calm him down.

Last Sunday night/ Monday morning were textbook Emperor. My gaff doesn't have air conditioning and it has been ******* humid here, too much to sleep well....so I decamped, as it were, to a nice little spot I know in Parc Colleserola, 15 mins from Placa Catalunya by train which is ideal for laying down a sleeping bag. A goodly 300m above sea level, sheltered, perfect. So I lugged my 58 pattern bag up there the previous Thursday...sleep up there, daytime at work and in gaff. I've got a groundsheet that doubles as a tent if the weather gets a bit rough. I also have an anti-insect spray. Well, I have never been bitten in that spot, so left the spray at home. It's July, it's not going to rain, no need for the groundsheet either. You already know what's going to happen, don't you?!!! So, rolled up about midnight, had a couple of tinnies and a Jamaican cheroot to minimise the minor discomfort of a hard mattress. Woke up at **** knows what o'clock to find that some kind of vampire insect had attacked my face and hands...star shot actually on my lip, which swelled to the size of a Cumberland sausage...another cheroot to quell the pain ...then.....about 0700 radical temperature drop and full-scale thunderstorm for about an hour...pretty amazing...really close in, so every burst of thunder was like a ******* howitzer going off next to your ear. My dear 58 Pattern rapidly turned into a paddling-pool...drowned rat wouldn't do justice to what I looked like. Monday was cancelled. Happy camper? No I ******* well wasn't!!!!
After all that grief, you kept you sense of humour, Dam British of you sir.
Couldn't stop laughing, thank you, a thousand likes.

I had a dog who was terrified of thunder as well. I used to close the curtains and put on some music loud enough to drown out the thunder and just sit with him reassuring him. It used to pretty well calm him down.
He was terrified with good reason. I have seen that stuff up close and it is more than scary.
Luckily the baby and mother, and her friend, who were covered in a skip load of rubble from a roof that was struck in Venice, got off lightly with cuts and grazes.
could have had a very different outcome though.
I used to love a good thunderstorm, but ever since seeing what it does, and how random it is I have been s**t scared of it.
By the way, the best place to shelter, (Not that I am paranoid, or have looked it up or anything, is inside a car away from any danger of falling trees/ stuctures).
And in my case, a hefty supply of bog roll.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The NAAFI Bar 7
E The NAAFI Bar 31
Aunty Stella The Intelligence Cell 13