• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Fcuk me its humid, sweaty and superb

Barmaids in local all looking flushed and very, very English.
I may be a tad pished,

It's been pissing it down all afternoon. It's great. My lilies love it.

Its been thunder storms every night for a week and ive a dog whos positively terrified* - cant even get him out side for a piss tonight

*And another that doesn't give a fat rats

I’ve had two rainfalls since mid May and both lasted less than 5 minutes, crops are a write off and I am waiting for my bore hole to pack it in......I am ready for autumn....

I’ve had two rainfalls since mid May and both lasted less than 5 minutes, crops are a write off and I am waiting for my bore hole to pack it in......I am ready for autumn....
I look out through the French doors to the garden and all I can see is a very brown lawn that hasn’t had to be mown for weeks and weeks, I fcuking love it

I look out through the French doors to the garden and all I can see is a very brown lawn that hasn’t had to be mown for weeks and weeks, I fcuking love it
Change that to sliding door and 20 acres and that’s my view as well, except that field is costing me money, not saving it....

Same, apart from them tall, thin dandelion motherfcukers. Ill strim them on Sunday. Blackberries have gone mennal so my boys are LOVING that.

I bought an industrial strength portable air con unit seven years ago and never used it so I stuck it in my storage unit.
After sweating my bollocks off for the past couple of weeks and with even hotter temps forecast I've been down to rescue it today.

Don't need it tonight but it's ready for the meltdown next week.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's been pissing it down all afternoon. It's great. My lilies love it.
That'll be why we have heard no more of the Manchester Inferno then :roll:

Change that to sliding door and 20 acres and that’s my view as well, except that field is costing me money, not saving it....
It’s not really saving me money, just a lot of effort, if I had my way I’d concrete over the whole lot but the offensive weapon would never let me get away with that

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
ah true...Saddleworth isn't really in your neck of the woods is it....Fairy Muff.

Miss Murphy was the best thing about Jogriphee.....:hump:

It’s not really saving me money, just a lot of effort, if I had my way I’d concrete over the whole lot but the offensive weapon would never let me get away with that
Get pikeys to pave it to save some coin, would add poshness to your palatial estate, the mrs should be happy. Then by fall when it breaks up, cover it all in thick concrete, job jobbed...

Last Sunday night/ Monday morning were textbook Emperor. My gaff doesn't have air conditioning and it has been fucking humid here, too much to sleep well....so I decamped, as it were, to a nice little spot I know in Parc Colleserola, 15 mins from Placa Catalunya by train which is ideal for laying down a sleeping bag. A goodly 300m above sea level, sheltered, perfect. So I lugged my 58 pattern bag up there the previous Thursday...sleep up there, daytime at work and in gaff. I've got a groundsheet that doubles as a tent if the weather gets a bit rough. I also have an anti-insect spray. Well, I have never been bitten in that spot, so left the spray at home. It's July, it's not going to rain, no need for the groundsheet either. You already know what's going to happen, don't you?!!! So, rolled up about midnight, had a couple of tinnies and a Jamaican cheroot to minimise the minor discomfort of a hard mattress. Woke up at fuck knows what o'clock to find that some kind of vampire insect had attacked my face and hands...star shot actually on my lip, which swelled to the size of a Cumberland sausage...another cheroot to quell the pain ...then.....about 0700 radical temperature drop and full-scale thunderstorm for about an hour...pretty amazing...really close in, so every burst of thunder was like a fucking howitzer going off next to your ear. My dear 58 Pattern rapidly turned into a paddling-pool...drowned rat wouldn't do justice to what I looked like. Monday was cancelled. Happy camper? No I fucking well wasn't!!!!