Fcuk Me - ARRSE Not Dead Shocker .......

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Mar 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

To everyone who has been missing their daily fix - our most sincere apologies

We have absolutely no idea what happened to ARRSE yesterday at approx 1340hrs but it killed our Apache webserver. Ever since GCO, myself and our hosts Merula have been trying to get the site back online. In the end we sacked the existing server and moved everthing over to a new one. Needless to say this was not a trivial task and GCO and myself have been at it for at least 12 hours today ....... (yes I know where to find sympathy ....)

A slight warning is that there is likely to be more disruption in the days ahead. This is because:

1. The current apache server is not up to the previous one in terms of horsepower. Needless to say we'll be trying to move back at some point.

2. The current server is still 'missing' things that we had on the other one. The only problem is that we may not be aware of what they are until someone points them out to us!

Thanks for your continued patience - hopefully any future outages will not be for anywhere near the same duration.

2. I wish I could log in.

3. Enough said there I think, the prosecution rests its case. Honestly if you weren't feckin around so much it mighta been fixed faster.

Cheeky sod ain't I, thanks for all the hard work chief.

Oh and the arrse chat window on main page is missing, unless I'm being thick.

4. The gallery doesn’t appear to be working.

5. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We know some stuff isn't working yet (Gallery, quotes) but it should be coming online in due course ......

.... did I mention I also went to work today!

6. Feckin big slap on the back !!!! Cheers I was starting to think those damn commies had hijacked us !!!!!!!!!!

Regards LT.

7. At no time at all was I scared.

Much.

8. Get a fcuking grip.

It's called "multi tasking"

And you two call yourself officers, I despair, what is the British Army coming too?

10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Yes. That's entirely the impression I got from your comments on BFG's Arrsemail, Dale :D

11. Well thank f*ck for POETS!!!

How many hints did the Mess Barman give you to pop home and sort out hundreds of lines of code?

Well done for getting the site back up!

:p

12. Hark at her :roll:

arrse is back, who cares?

13. Well done BCO, dunno what I would have done if i'd gone without my fix for much longer!!

14. good skills, though ruined my working day, actually had nothing better to do so had to do some of the taks on my "to do" list!
    You will be getting me a bad reputation

OS

15. Well done for getting it sorted so quick. Well nearly sorted any how. :D