• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Fcuk Me - ARRSE Not Dead Shocker .......

To everyone who has been missing their daily fix - our most sincere apologies

We have absolutely no idea what happened to ARRSE yesterday at approx 1340hrs but it killed our Apache webserver. Ever since GCO, myself and our hosts Merula have been trying to get the site back online. In the end we sacked the existing server and moved everthing over to a new one. Needless to say this was not a trivial task and GCO and myself have been at it for at least 12 hours today ....... (yes I know where to find sympathy ....)

A slight warning is that there is likely to be more disruption in the days ahead. This is because:

1. The current apache server is not up to the previous one in terms of horsepower. Needless to say we'll be trying to move back at some point.

2. The current server is still 'missing' things that we had on the other one. The only problem is that we may not be aware of what they are until someone points them out to us!

Thanks for your continued patience - hopefully any future outages will not be for anywhere near the same duration.

GCO and myself have been at it for at least 12 hours today
Enough said there I think, the prosecution rests its case. Honestly if you weren't feckin around so much it mighta been fixed faster.

Cheeky sod ain't I, thanks for all the hard work chief.

Oh and the arrse chat window on main page is missing, unless I'm being thick.

We know some stuff isn't working yet (Gallery, quotes) but it should be coming online in due course ......

.... did I mention I also went to work today!

Bad CO said:
We know some stuff isn't working yet (Gallery, quotes) but it should be coming online in due course ......

Get a fcuking grip.

It's called "multi tasking"

And you two call yourself officers, I despair, what is the British Army coming too?

Bad CO said:

Well thank f*ck for POETS!!!

How many hints did the Mess Barman give you to pop home and sort out hundreds of lines of code?

Well done for getting the site back up!

:p

good skills, though ruined my working day, actually had nothing better to do so had to do some of the taks on my "to do" list!
You will be getting me a bad reputation

OS

THE SPAM CIA DID IT!!

they have just started a new offensive north of bagdad, and they didnt want the jurno's to read the views about it on here!!!

weres mi foil hat?

I actually got some work done today for a change instead of reading the rantings of you misfits.

Take it down every day I say, and put a password on it so that it only works on weekends and only if you are leathered on Stella (Budweiser drinkers need not apply)

Latest Threads