Fcuk Clint Eastwood

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by crabtastic, May 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yup, no matter what your opinion is of Uncle Sams Misguided Children, they do turn out some proper, double-hard ba$tards.

2. Tough guy, the epitome of a certain kind of Marine First Sergeant (the Brit equivalent of a company Sergeant Major I think).

My Army company spent almost a year attached to a Marine division in Iraq. From that experience I'd definitely say the USMC's real strength lies in their infantry companies. They've got no hesitation in throwing infantry in at the drop of a hat with minimal support while the Army tends to 'prep' the battlefield more. At battalion (BN) and below they're excellent--very good BN commanders who understood 'hearts and minds' better on average than the Army, regiment and above they're not as good. Compared to the Army they were poor logistically but improved as time went on, planning methodology isn't so great, light on artillery and no decent equivalent to Bradleys.

But they built up a mythology about themselves that they believe and it serves them well.

3. Semper Fi, Top Kasal!!

4. Damn shame the chaps father wasn't there to see him get the medal.

40 Shrapnel pieces and 7 AK rounds? What does he eat for breakast? Kevlar?!

5. Nails!!

Does anybody have a link to the "Iconic photo" that was mentioned in the text

Cheers

6. A proper soldier, and a true hero!

What're the odds, that he will be fucked about by the politicians, when it comes tro dishing out pensions?

Give it five years, and his performance in the field will be degraded, as so much unneccessary history.

--
    batty

7. [​IMG]

The guy's father died the day before, and they still made him attend an award ceremony!?

NTM

8. Worse: Since it happened in Fallujah, some military bashing journo is probably going to start telling tales about him slotting a bunch of women and kids during the fight, and the gutless politicians won't defend him!

9. 40 bits of shrapnel, 7 AK rounds, they are carrying him out, covered in claret and he's still gripping his pistol!!

10. Not only is his chin strap done up but all his webbing pouchs are secured as well what a guy

11. Link not working, got a better one?

12. Sorry, no. (It's working fine for me.)

Here's another account though:

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060502/NEWS11/605020393/1001/COMM06

Not as good, but if you have Realplayer and speakers I'd strongly suggest listening to the NPR stories.

13. What a gezzer. Double hard b@stard.

My brother-in-law is one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children and while he may not be a rocket scientist he is certainly the kind of person you'd want watching your back when things go pear shaped.