FBI warns of al-Qaeda truck bombs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Aug 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4146600.stm

Personally, I think there will be more terror caused by fuel tankers when gas gets to $4.00 a gallon.

2. If you can afford to make payments on an SUV you can afford $4 a gallon gas. But I dont expect it will get to that point this year. If the US build a few refineries then supply will be able to keep up with demand. We havent built a refinery in this country in over 20 years.

3. 4 BUCKS A GALLON ??
    You people don't know you are born
    It's £1.70-£1.90 a litre in most of the UK
    Enjoy it while you can

4. don't you mean 0.70-0.90 per litre? Or did it shoot up a quid in the last month when I wasn't looking?

5. Fuel truck bombings are unfortunately a well proven MO for AQ. AQ fuel truck bombs were used in Al Khubar bombing of '96? and more recently in Casablanca bombing of '03.

On oil, I wonder what the true state of USA strategic oil reserves are? Clinton did use them to bring the down the price of oil a couple of times in 1990s IIRC and Bush did so to avert a winter fuel crisis. Its just rather shocking that the adminstration has done nothing to halt the rise IMO.

6. Economics 101. The function of price is supply and demand. In the US due to lack of refining capability we see higher prices. No new refineries have been built for 20 years so the one's we have are at 100%. As part of the new energy bill that was passed, military bases that are being shut down could be used to build new refining capability. The US percentage of foreign oil imported into the US is actually less than it was 20 year's ago.

7. Darthspud wrote

Darth where do you live? Do you mean 1.70 - 1.90 a litre of nitro 8O