FBI-style unit 'will be ruthless'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Feb 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3473441.stm

All together now

Da-Da-Da-Wop-wop-da-da-dada-da-dada-da-da-dada :D

Another great idea from the beloved leader (May he live a thousand years)

Keep the cops and intelligence agencies short on funds and resources, then announce a brand-new "FBI" . "Hey George, I'm making the UK more like your country every day."

Spin Baby.......

Maybe we'll try the accused in this new "Supreme Court" ?
  2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The Great One's propagandists also said that SOCA will consist of accountants and computer experts as well as police.

Another excuse to have yet more civil servants as part of the Evil Empire, then.
  3. Why do the words State and Totalitarian spring to mind ?
  4. Or the words,
    "Blair," "off" and "sod."
  5. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

By the time they have bought a computer system from EDS, gone twice over budget, slipped three years in the integration of all the departmental systems I think the word they were looking for was actually TOOTHLESS.
  6. But, the idea and principle is good!

but i thought we had a national police service? so can we do a runner over the county border and getaway with non " Federal" offences? :D
  7. I'd have more confidence if the word "efficient" had been used rather than "ruthless".

I wonder if any of the members of the South East Regional Crime Squad will be invited to join this new unit (assuming they've finished their sentences :twisted: )

Anyway, surely the solution is to pass an Act banning crime. This has worked well in the past for narcotics and firearms and I live secure in the knowledge that I inhabit a drug-free and gun-free society :roll: .

ACPO has all the answers so it doesn't need advice from outside sources which might, just might, have a greater knowledge of the issues and I await the outcome of this with interest. Who knows, they might exceed Kent Police's excellent record of some years back of 100%+ clear up rate!
  8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

If that fails, the Beloved Leader (may he live etc.) can continue to let the crime occur, do nothing about the illegal immigrants who commit much of it, and then hold an inquiry headed by a judge so that the government can be exonerated of any blame.
  9. surley not employing women cause their name is Ruth will leave them open to charges of discrimination :lol:
  10. "The standard of proof may have to be lowered" - Well, it worked for the WMD, didn't it?

BLiar = Lying tw@ :evil: :evil:
  11. The only national police forces are Modplod and the UK Atomic Energy Agency Constabulary. No, you can't cross force area lines to evade arrest - you'll just be arrested by (say) Greater Manchester rather than West Yorks.
  12. it goes further than that a policeman's warrant card entitles him to arrest anywhere in the UK`only thing is it becomes his "collar" if he arrests him rather than detain him for the local police, he has to take the criminal to the nearest police station to book him in.
    so a plod from cardiff can arrest you in manchester if he wanted to
  13. Just had a major incident happen (sawn offs, robbery etc) almost next door and the bad lads ran through my garden to escape. Phoned Police to ask if two young men running ar 25kph through garden may be linked to all the police car sirens going off around the area. No response for 20 mins but since then have been fending coppers (all asking the same questions) off for several days.

Not full of confidence.
  14. Oh great, another bunch of plods with even more power to go straight to their heads and displace what little brain was there in the first place.

The question is: Will this lot be any more communicative than the current mob? None of them share much information and the government has made things worse by forcing individual departments to pay for stuff like forensics on an "Internal Market" system.

Bet you the ever reliable Crapita (eyes passim) gets the contract to supply IT which never works properly and is 10 years late.
  15. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Sorry, Bladensburg,

but this computer system, being of national importance, requires someone of far greater incompetence to set it up, hence my EDS comment (see Eye passim)

Cock ups on a scale even the MOD couldn't pin on Clive Ponting.