FBI removes Mullah Omar's name from list of most wanted terrorists

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pashtun_Nationalis, Dec 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. he Unites States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has removed the name of Afghan Taliban supreme commander Mullah Muhammad Omar from its list of “most wanted terrorists”.
    Earlier, reports about the US establishing contacts with Omar had surfaced. The reports said that the US wanted to bring the Taliban to negotiation table in order to end the conflict in Afghanistan.
    So far, several claims have been made by the US about negotiations with the Taliban, but Islamabad and Kabul have never been taken into confidence over the much speculated-about talks.
    According to reports, the US had offered Taliban control over the south of Afghanistan, while leaving the north for the other political forces under American influence. However, this was rejected by the Taliban.
    After 10 months of secret dialogue with Afghanistan’s Taliban insurgents, senior US officials said the talks have reached a “critical juncture” and they will soon know whether a breakthrough is possible, leading to peace talks whose ultimate goal is to end the Afghan war.
    US also considered the transfer of an unspecified number of Taliban prisoners from the Guantanamo Bay military prison into Afghan government custody.
    In the past, US officials have held about half a dozen meetings with their insurgent contacts, mostly in Germany and Doha with representatives of Omar.

FBI removes Mullah Omar’s name from list of most wanted terrorists – The Express Tribune
  2. is this like a WTF moment?
  3. Like it or not, sometimes governments have to enter into Faustian deals with their enemies to end conflicts.
  4. Are you not dead yet? **** along now, AK, nobody's interested in anything you have to say.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Oh, you're back you ****. Didn't you get the hint the first time everyone told you to **** off?

Anyway, who really cares if this bloke Omar is off the most wanted list? The US Government and high-ranking security officials have deemed him to be of a minute threat to anyone's life. Politicians and over-paid office workers who analyse data always know what's best for the public anyway.
  6. Why would it be a WTF moment? Time move on the battlefield doesn't move as much a the political field.

Nelson Mandela, Martin McGuinness, Gerry Adams, etc, etc, there were also some uppity Americans a couple of hundred years ago but I forget their names.
  7. The Marx Brothers?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thats a nice refreshing thought for the families of any soldier who paid the ultimate sacrifice in that shithole. I suppose my cousin lost his ****ing legs and eyesight for fuckall then.

Politicians.. absolute fuckwits, even better they are stamping all over the dead of a foreign country.
  9. Well obviously DC can't be seen "talking to terrorists" and Joe Biden has said some taliban are lovely chaps. Maybe a Freedom Medal and the opportunity for a quick grab at Michelle Obama's arse will follow.
  10. Haha it's the goat shagging ******. He's back with his utter shite to bore us all again

11. Admit it, you missed him didn't you?
  12. More range time required, in that case.

13. I missed abusing an utter throbbing animal abuser and fucktard, yes.

Apart from that, no.
  14. Hope it doesn't turn into another WTC moment :(
    I'm with ya, AK
  15. If there's no plan to take him Alive whatsoever, why worry about having him on a top 10 list for apprehension? He isn't going to be tried, he's going to be shot in his Abbatobad hideout, or bombed by JDAM/Hellfire. Frees up slots for bank robbers and kidnapper.