FBI Re-Opens D. B. Cooper Case

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Jan 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. Well he was in that film without a paddle

3. He died in Prison Break Series one 8O

4. An excellent use of time and effort if ever there was one. Why bother investigating the $21 Billion that disappeared into thin air in and around Iraq when you can spend your days trolling round a forest looking for a man who has probably been dead for the better part of 4 decades and a piffling 200k?

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

STOP VIRGIL - are you trying to cause a friendly fire incident here? Those guys with the 21 billion are the good guys, and if you hit them, the White House will fall.

6. Good book and film not too bad either. I think he is an ex Green Beret in the film but as no-one even knows who 'cooper' is/was that is artistic licence.

7. Oh i don't know; it also allowed Tripwire to post more pointless drivel that has feck all to do with or interest to do with the military.

I'm beginning to think that TW is a walt, the evidence being that he nevers posts anything of substance, just surfs, cuts and pastes. He's just an inverse search engine - Provides links to shite you never wanted to search for.

8. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I tend to agree; however, the FBI would like to be able to close the case. Actually, it might make more sense than sending Scotland Yard investigators and forensic experts to investigate Bhutto's Assassination in Pakistan.

I'd sure hate to have to do that crime scene! The only thing they might discover is how she died. Seems to me, it is mostly political move by Pakistan, to shift some of the blame, for poor security and an ill-advised move by Bhutto.

I hope your taxes are not paying the bill for this assignment. I would think SY would have enough to keep them busy, etc. :roll: :wink:

BTW: The FBI thought for a long time that the crime was committed by a military trained parachutist. This report I posted and agent now working on the case, now thinks not. Many others still think it was a former military parachutist.

In looking at and talking about the case with other military parachutists, particularly those that did the HALO and HAHO courses and that have many jumps (To include myself) think that such a jump could be done under the given circumstances and the jumper survive.

Of course, if if was a military trained parachutist, he could be from any Country, to include the UK.

9. In your groups opinion how big a "could have" is it Trip?
    Might the guy have been compotent but suicidal or verging on suicidal and prepared to take (near suicidal) risks.

10. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

As I said, many 'competent' military parachutists agree that a competent military trained HALO/HAHO parachutist could have made the jump and survived.

Some people will take, what you consider suicidal or near suicidal risks for that amount of money. I'm not one of them! :wink:

11. :D

12. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

13. Ahem! Competent

C'mon Trip. It was a genuine question!

14. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Which I answered! :lol: :wink:

15. What Corporal Competent of 3 Para..never..he had flat feet. :D

My view is that he was a native American who probably worked in the aviation industry and a bit smarter than the FBI give him credit for and ex Airborne to boot and probaly under 40 years of age.

Buried some of the cash with a view to coming back for it but felt it was to much of a risk once he realised how pished off the authorities were.

Spent what cash he had stolen and died with a self satisfied smile on his face not too long ago I would imagine.

With regards to the frustration that the FBI are feeling with regards to having this case still open, at least they now know how we feel about the "Jack The Ripper" case!