FB Freeloader or Genuine?

#5
For a brief second I thought my giveafuckometer flickered, but it didn't.
 
#6
Try asking the Help4Heroes people, they don't bite
 
#7
For me to answer your question,which was nicely weighted and carefully balanced and also deeply philosophical,would mean me having to log onto a social networking site.
You wouldn't want me breaking my new years resolution would you?
 
#8
Dear all,

In 2011, I am aiming to embark on a worldwide charity fund raising project in memory of my girlfriend, Nikkie Hyde, who tragically passed away on the 17 July 2009 aged 28 and is the inspiration behind my project, Around the World in 80 Challenges - “Challenge Me!”.

The project will last one year and is hoped to raise money in the following two areas;

1. HELP for HEROES
2. CHILDHOOD CANCER

The concept of the project is to raise money by navigating a route around the world going from A to B, B to C etc, with each leg having a set challenge to be completed.

This is where I want YOU to “Challenge Me!”

Phase One:
--------------

What I would like to achieve at this early stage of the planning, is to gain a database of ideas and challenges to complete in different countries for example;

1. Base jumping 10 peaks in Norway.
2. Completing the New York/London Marathon.
3. Get signatures form every living American President.
4. Swim/feed a Great White Shark.

Once the database is populated, the route and challenges can be set.

The challenge does not have to be a fixed challenge at a fixed location but can be part of the journey getting from A to B itself. It doesn't have to be a physical challenge either, thinking outside the box!
I can't stand this bullshit. The idea that raising money for charity involves climbing mountains or sitting in baths of baked beans or going on holiday. If he cared that much about raising the money, he'd get a full time job and hand his wages over. The freeloading cunt just wants a trip around the world.

Please post your suggestions on the wall or email them to challengeme2011@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you in advance for your ideas and I look forward to see what you may have in store for me.

Best wishes,

Nick Church (read less)
Any suggestions? :twisted:
 
#10
DeltaDog said:
Dear all,
Please post your suggestions on the wall or email them to challengeme2011@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you in advance for your ideas and I look forward to see what you may have in store for me.

Best wishes,

Nick Church (read less)
Any suggestions? :twisted:
I'm quite partial to the idea of saying "Get a penis enlarger shove it through your legs and go fuck yourself" *Shrugs* Might just be me though
 
#12
DeltaDog said:
Dear all,

In 2011, I am aiming to embark on a worldwide charity fund raising project in memory of my girlfriend, Nikkie Hyde, who tragically passed away on the 17 July 2009 aged 28 and is the inspiration behind my project, Around the World in 80 Challenges - “Challenge Me!”.

The project will last one year and is hoped to raise money in the following two areas;

1. HELP for HEROES
2. CHILDHOOD CANCER

The concept of the project is to raise money by navigating a route around the world going from A to B, B to C etc, with each leg having a set challenge to be completed.

This is where I want YOU to “Challenge Me!”

Phase One:
--------------

What I would like to achieve at this early stage of the planning, is to gain a database of ideas and challenges to complete in different countries for example;

1. Base jumping 10 peaks in Norway.
2. Completing the New York/London Marathon.
3. Get signatures form every living American President.
4. Swim/feed a Great White Shark.

Once the database is populated, the route and challenges can be set.

The challenge does not have to be a fixed challenge at a fixed location but can be part of the journey getting from A to B itself. It doesn't have to be a physical challenge either, thinking outside the box!
I can't stand this bullshit. The idea that raising money for charity involves climbing mountains or sitting in baths of baked beans or going on holiday. If he cared that much about raising the money, he'd get a full time job and hand his wages over. The freeloading cunt just wants a trip around the world.

Please post your suggestions on the wall or email them to challengeme2011@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you in advance for your ideas and I look forward to see what you may have in store for me.

Best wishes,

Nick Church (read less)
Any suggestions? :twisted:
If you're going to post profanity all over this guys efforts to raise money for H4H and Cancer please don't bring this site or the Army into it. Actions such as that are likely to cost H4H thousands if not more and should be beneath the dignity of a soldier. He is obviously getting off his backside and thinking of ways to raise money for his causes. Wacky causes do attract cash because people like the unusual. Or, alternatively you give all your wages to charity to make up for this effort getting nothing because you personally didn't like it.
 
#14
vvaannmmaann said:
Mark,do you know this guy?
No, I don't. Sorry if I came on a bit hard but there are some people on here who will go way over the top and bring the site into it, or worse still the Army. If you don't agree with what this guy is doing then don't support him. By all means check out his bona fides to make sure he is genuine but there's no need to sabotage his site just because you don't like the way he sets about raising money, he's obviously using a bit of ingenuity into his efforts so why not give him a few Challenge Anneka type projects to get involved in like 'Help dig a well in ........' or something like that. All I'm saying is that we don't know if he's genuine or not but if he is genuine why spoil things and bring the Army into disrepute?
 
#15
Markintime said:
If you're going to post profanity all over this guys efforts to raise money for H4H and Cancer please don't bring this site or the Army into it. Actions such as that are likely to cost H4H thousands if not more and should be beneath the dignity of a soldier. He is obviously getting off his backside and thinking of ways to raise money for his causes. Wacky causes do attract cash because people like the unusual. Or, alternatively you give all your wages to charity to make up for this effort getting nothing because you personally didn't like it.
He's not raising money for H4H. He's raising money for a round the world trip, and giving whatever's left to H4H because it means he doesn't have to cough up the cash himself. The self-serving cunt deserves all that's coming to him.
 
#16
Well done. Your comebacks are of the highest order. Do you write your own stuff? Some people on here got it, a few amusing sugestions were made.

'Off to the hole with this one, TC hand back the keys to the bus, it aint going out today, you O thief'

Thought I would have a go at slagging myself off with some of your well thought out and LOL funny, witty replys. Oh I think a little bit off wee came out.
 
#17
Look, all I was trying to suggest was that it seemed a be dodgy to me. Most off the tasks seem to be once in a lifetime chances. I have asked him a few questions via PM, he has not replied.

I agree with delta on this, there are a lot better and cheaper ways of raising money.

So lock the thread and bin it. After all one person has demanded it. And next time i get offered a H4H wrist band for £3 outside TESCO's in Gloucester, I wont question it. (BTW, the charity worker said thats how much they cost him).
 
#18
I'd suggest enough electrons have been wasted on this.

I'd also suggest that to post someting in this vein, in this manner, indicates the poster doesn't, hasn't, nor ever will grasp the concept of what this particular forum is all about.

Never. Accept. A. Fcuking. Idiot.
 
#19
tigerchef said:
Look, all I was trying to suggest was that it seemed a be dodgy to me. Most off the tasks seem to be once in a lifetime chances. I have asked him a few questions via PM, he has not replied.

I agree with delta on this, there are a lot better and cheaper ways of raising money.

So lock the thread and bin it. After all one person has demanded it. And next time i get offered a H4H wrist band for £3 outside TESCO's in Gloucester, I wont question it. (BTW, the charity worker said thats how much they cost him).
I wasn't criticising you for questioning it or for bringing it to people's attention. Delta Dog, how do you know that this chap hasn't used his own money to buy a round the world ticket? How do you know he hasn't written to Sir Richard Branson about this and been given a free round the world ticket? Who ever said that you weren't allowed to enjoy yourself whilst raising money for a good cause?
How much will it benefit the Army if someone goes on there and says "I'm a soldier and me and my buddies on ARRSE think you should get a penis enlarger and ram it up your jacksie". Do you think that'll get a lot of people giving to Service charities or do you think it will cause a lot of people to never give to a Service charity again?
Delta, you know nothing about this guy but yet you want to incite others to abuse him on a public forum, why is that? There's an ex Royal from Hull walking round the world for charity at the moment, should we not support him because he's getting to see some lovely countries? Jane Tomlinson received a lot of hate mail from people saying she wasn't ill, she was a bad mother, a show-off etc by people who didn't believe she was ill, they probably think that she died deliberately just to prove a point.
Until you know for certain he's a fraud or a freeloader why so quick to incite hatred?
 
#20
Markintime said:
Until you know for certain he's a fraud or a freeloader why so quick to incite hatred?
That's a fair point.

I retract my previous posted statement, unhesitatingly.

However - after some due dilligence and a few covert phone calls, it's fair to say (at the very least) that the text around the photo of the kid in the Hospital is a blatant load of old Pony.

So I whole heartedly recind the above recantation of my first post.

"..The Lady's NOT for turning.."
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top