FB Does Something Right!

I know hard to believe these days, But they have imposed a ban on a dozen far-right individuals and organisations that it says "spread hate". The ban includes the British National Party and Nick Griffin, the English Defence League and the National Front.

And also the rather upsetting Jayda Fransen who has appeared on arrse before and might again!

Seems after much criticism Facebook is taking down those that spread hate on the internet.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
While they may be working in the right direction you will note it is only one side that is mentioned. It would help reporting if it was mentioned if FB has taken similar action, or were about to, on groups from the other side of the spectrum. If they haven't then it looks like FB have succumbed to outside pressures.

While they may be working in the right direction you will note it is only one side that is mentioned. It would help reporting if it was mentioned if FB has taken similar action, or were about to, on groups from the other side of the spectrum. If they haven't then it looks like FB have succumbed to outside pressures.
but those are the 'correct' kind of pressures, therefore its ok.

Eh?

Censoring free speech (which does not transcend the boundaries of the law) and offensive opinions is a "good" thing to do?

Are you from China?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I do agree that extremists should be blocked from the likes of FB, but this needs to be balanced. No use getting rid of one set of extremists just to permit their opposites free rein, could lead to claims of bias!

I know hard to believe these days, But they have imposed a ban on a dozen far-right individuals and organisations that it says "spread hate". The ban includes the British National Party and Nick Griffin, the English Defence League and the National Front.

And also the rather upsetting Jayda Fransen who has appeared on arrse before and might again!

Seems after much criticism Facebook is taking down those that spread hate on the internet.
Except the Labour Party, where racism and antisemitism is still allowed amongst the woke massive

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
**** off you dick. Don´t get it do you? Islam is ok but all criticism is right. You spick loving kunt.
Nope, I can't break the code - well done!

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
What happens with UKIP given that Tommy Robinson is nuts deep in the organisation?

Surprisingly left-leaning organisations promoting political violence and criminality such as Antifa and Extinction Rebellion still have active pages on FB, i'm sure it's just an oversight..............

First they came for Nick Griffin, but I did not speak out - because I was not Nick Griffin

(Thank fuck)

But seriously, when's FB going to do the same to black nationalists who spout odious views that would make the BNP look like properly enlightened liberals? They did the same to Faith Goldy and a few other Canadian groups and pages about two weeks ago.

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
Why aren't they takling down groups which encourage far-right action including Islamic, or am I wrong?
Fairly sure groups propagating calls for Islamic violence are already banned.

Come on, when do we get to the book-burning and window-smashing? I haven't got all day.