Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FB; British Grenadier Bookshop, Ypres

soleil

War Hero
I remember seeing this bookshop when I was in Ypres to tour the area with Iain McHenry of Trench Map Tours several years ago.

The shop seems to be suffering badly from the drop in the number of tourists as a result of the pandemic.

I saw the following today:

"Salient Tours & the British Grenadier Bookshop

Today is the start of our SOS Sale (Save Our Shop) and almost everything is 20% OFF normal prices.

Things are getting desperate and with virtually no English speaking tourists in Ypres, that is 90% of our business, literally.

Thankful for the Belgian and Dutch tourists but in the end it is the British and Canadians and Australians and New Zealanders and Americans that we need here.

And they won't be coming anytime soon.

Check out our web site at:

https://www.salienttours.be/shop-10

to see our most recent uploads.

More coming every day.

If we don't have what you are after, let us know and we may have it in stock or we may know how to get it."

soleil

War Hero
BritishGrenadierBookshop.jpg

I remember seeing this bookshop when I was in Ypres to tour the area with Iain McHenry of Trench Map Tours several years ago.

The shop seems to be suffering badly from the drop in the number of tourists as a result of the pandemic.

I saw the following today:

"Salient Tours & the British Grenadier Bookshop

Today is the start of our SOS Sale (Save Our Shop) and almost everything is 20% OFF normal prices.

Things are getting desperate and with virtually no English speaking tourists in Ypres, that is 90% of our business, literally.

Thankful for the Belgian and Dutch tourists but in the end it is the British and Canadians and Australians and New Zealanders and Americans that we need here.

And they won't be coming anytime soon.

Check out our web site at:

https://www.salienttours.be/shop-10

to see our most recent uploads.

More coming every day.

If we don't have what you are after, let us know and we may have it in stock or we may know how to get it."

If he's up for selling the Vickers SFMG he has in the window, I'd happily support the SOS campaign. Might drop over for a chat tomorrow. That said, would be very sad to see BGB disappear.

tiger stacker

On ROPS
On ROPs
Sadly until this pandemic disperses, everyone is going to feel the pinch. The centenary educated with a plethora of films documentaries audio shows and of course books. Interactive software can mean you can study hard ensuring a good battlefield tour

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer

Trilby

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Thanks; have just picked up that Ypres souvenir I never got around to buying when I was last there, also a brass Mills bomb base cap with a hopefully legible impression on it. Steve was very helpful and had some nice items in his web shop (I liked the look of the pattern 1908 cavalry sword, which was, fortunately for my marriage, out of stock).

Latest Threads