• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Favourite song for CFts/ forced marches?

#1
A lot of guys I know (including me), sing, hum or talk to themselves to pass the boredom of CFT's forced marches etc. What's your favourite marching song/ motivation / way of passing the time on marches etc.?
 
#2
'Kin hell oldcolt you've got CFTs on the brain!!

I dont think Ive ever had a favourite CFT song, however I allways seemed to have some shoite song stuck in my head whenever tabbing, that I couldn't blank out no matter how hard I tried.
 
#10
le_crabe_tambour said:
My motivation was a Gingsters cornish pasty and a pint of Coke in the NAAFI soon as possible after the march / cft.
A GINSTERS PASTY.......................

.......MOTIVATION??????????????????????? :omfg:

I take it the DS threaten you with it rather than you looking forward to it... (although that sort of 'encouragement' has been banned now I am led to believe) :lol:
 
#13
oldcolt said:
le_crabe_tambour said:
My motivation was a Gingsters cornish pasty and a pint of Coke in the NAAFI soon as possible after the march / cft.
A GINSTERS PASTY.......................

.......MOTIVATION??????????????????????? :omfg:

I take it the DS threaten you with it rather than you looking forward to it... (although that sort of 'encouragement' has been banned now I am led to believe) :lol:
I always thought they were quite nice meself..
 
#14
As a young teenager, I watched the TV series 'The Para's' avidly and I often whistle the theme tune from that show

I think it was that show, the Iranian Embassy seige and the Falklands kicking off all within a year or two of each other that almost certainly kicked me off into wanting to join up at some point.
 
#15
le_crabe_tambour said:
oldcolt said:
le_crabe_tambour said:
My motivation was a Gingsters cornish pasty and a pint of Coke in the NAAFI soon as possible after the march / cft.
A GINSTERS PASTY.......................

.......MOTIVATION??????????????????????? :omfg:

I take it the DS threaten you with it rather than you looking forward to it... (although that sort of 'encouragement' has been banned now I am led to believe) :lol:
I always thought they were quite nice meself..
Each to their own I suppose; but you can't beat a REAL pasty (ideally home made) but at the very least, not a mass produced meat pie in a pasty shape :wink:
 
#17
oldcolt said:
le_crabe_tambour said:
oldcolt said:
le_crabe_tambour said:
My motivation was a Gingsters cornish pasty and a pint of Coke in the NAAFI soon as possible after the march / cft.
A GINSTERS PASTY.......................

.......MOTIVATION??????????????????????? :omfg:

I take it the DS threaten you with it rather than you looking forward to it... (although that sort of 'encouragement' has been banned now I am led to believe) :lol:
I always thought they were quite nice meself..
Each to their own I suppose; but you can't beat a REAL pasty (ideally home made) but at the very least, not a mass produced meat pie in a pasty shape :wink:
Did'nt have the oppotunity for home baked pies being in camp an all, but it was a nice thought kept me going through horrible mortar baseplate carrying tabs, that and a nice rollie afterwards.
 
#19
oldcolt said:
A lot of guys I know (including me), sing, hum or talk to themselves to pass the boredom of CFT's forced marches etc. What's your favourite marching song/ motivation / way of passing the time on marches etc.?
During Recruit training, the thought of the DS screaming a shat load of abuse if you fall behind.......... followed by "Catch the man in front - STANDBY...... GO!!!!!"

You could bottle that and sell it as motivation!!
 
#20
Father Abraham was one of our favourites.

It was particularly good when taking part in the Nijmegen Marches. Along with the various arm actions,everyone else thought we were the mad British team.

And it really pissed the yanks off that we had the energy to do it!
 

Latest Threads