Favourite Song Covers

Mine has to be Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt; the original Nine Inch Nails version was awful (in my opinion) and genuinly thought THEY had tried to cover Jonny Cash.

Anyone else got any favourite covers?

Multiple posts are okay as well as open discussion of course but please keep it civil

Hit me baby one more time. Covered by Travis. They only did it for a laugh on Radio 1's 'Live Lounge' but it is excellent and a little bit tongue in cheek.

I've got to go for Manic Street Preachers version of "Take the Skinheads Bowling" by Camper Van Beethoven.

Also agree with Dinger on Metallica's cover of "Whiskey in the Jar"

NIN's original version of Hurt is brilliant! But so is Johnny Cash's cover as well, along with his version of Depeche Mode's 'Personal Jesus'.
My favourite cover versions are Sepultura doing Black Sabbath's Symptom of the Universe (if I could come up with anything on guitar even 1% as good as Andreas Kisser's work there I'd be the happiest boy in NATO), mad blast of thrash metal with funky latino jazz outro, and Megadeth doing Alice Cooper's 'No more Mr Nice Guy'...

iamalondoncrab said:
The Isley Brothers cover of Twist and Shout. I can't remember who did it originally, but the Beatles did a cover and it sounded sorta lifeless.
Was that not originally by the Merseybeats?

I just love Micky Hucknall's cover of "You Make Me Feel Brand New", first done beautifully be The Stylistics.

MsG

Latest Threads