Favourite SLR sound

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by putteesinmyhands, Jul 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The SLR produced some evocative sounds and each was distinctive. Which was your favourite and why?

2. The sound of handing it back in at the armoury.

• Like Like x 10
  3. The delicate click from releasing the trigger on the follow through, after some good grouping from that shoulder cannon, and the shhhtttt shhhttt sound of cocking the monster

• Like Like x 1
  4. fixed that for you.

5. The sound of the wooden stock connecting with someone's head after a well places swing.

6. The sound of old ***** jibbering on about an ancient relic through rose tinted specs.........it was ******* gash.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Oh no you bloody didn't.

8. come on it was a joy, lighter, shiter but it had a cracking sling!!!

9. Yes, but you could be describing SMG there too.

10. one clears a room... and one really clears a room..if dropped, put down gently, or really anything.

11. The cracking sound it made when the DS went arrse over tit and dropped it down the stairs, breaking the stock and handguard in the process. "That'll teach you to scuff my floor up with your fcuking ammo boots" I thought to myself, as I moved outside to form up for a POP rehearsal.

12. Better than the sling on an SA80, I suspect. Although I've never fired an SLR. The SA80 sling is worse to handle than the gusset on a Thai ladyboy, and I've never fired one of them either.

13. The joy at seeing the DS faces when its not fitted properly. clatter on the floor......oh susat......is it broke.... kicking ensues!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. 303 was not gash mate............................... :)