Favourite SLR sound

The SLR produced some evocative sounds and each was distinctive. Which was your favourite and why?

The delicate click from releasing the trigger on the follow through, after some good grouping from that shoulder cannon, and the shhhtttt shhhttt sound of cocking the monster

The sound of old cnuts jibbering on about an ancient relic through rose tinted specs.........it was ******* gash.

The cracking sound it made when the DS went arrse over tit and dropped it down the stairs, breaking the stock and handguard in the process. "That'll teach you to scuff my floor up with your fcuking ammo boots" I thought to myself, as I moved outside to form up for a POP rehearsal.

come on it was a joy, lighter, shiter but it had a cracking sling!!!
Better than the sling on an SA80, I suspect. Although I've never fired an SLR. The SA80 sling is worse to handle than the gusset on a Thai ladyboy, and I've never fired one of them either.

T

Tinman74

Better than the sling on an SA80, I suspect. Although I've never fired an SLR. The SA80 sling is worse to handle than the gusset on a Thai ladyboy, and I've never fired one of them either.
The joy at seeing the DS faces when its not fitted properly. clatter on the floor......oh susat......is it broke.... kicking ensues!!

The joy at seeing the DS faces when its not fitted properly. clatter on the floor......oh susat......is it broke.... kicking ensues!!
Even better when the safety's not on when inspected. Or when they stamp on the bits that stick out, which aren't supposed to when you take the bloody thing to pieces.

Not my favourite, but I have vivid memories of being awakened from a dream, about somewhere warm and sunny, by the dull thud of an SLR being dropped.

It was a bit of a shock to wake up and find that it was me that had dropped it and I was actually on a recce patrol somewhere wet and windy in Wales; I'd fallen asleep while standing up. Rude awakenings don't come much ruder.

A

Aleegee1698

The sound of the rear sight piercing the skin and knocking the bone on your cheek at JLR cos no butt-fitting was carried out

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
putteesinmyhands Old & Bold 50
S The NAAFI Bar 54
S Lonely Hearts 54