Favourite Phil the Greek Quote

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Travelgall, Sep 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I read that in Blairs latest memoirs, he recalls the Duke of Edinburgh being introduced to ZanuLabour MP Joan Walley. The Duke asked her which constituency she represented. When she replied "Stoke", the Duke replied "Ghastly place, isn't it". Would anybody else like to reminisce on their favourite comedy gold expressions from the Queens Consort.
  2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

On meeting the Obamas.

''So Mr Barrack, how are you enjoying the G20 summit so far?''

''Well I love this great nation, it's been a busy day, so far I've met the President of China, Japan, India, Pakistan, Malaysia.....etc.''

Phil visibly beginning to laugh as he realises the opportunity for a joke: ''How could you tell which was which?''
  3. To a driving instructor in Scotland:-

"How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?"
  4. I was particularly impressed with his "What next? Eating dogs for the anorexic" quote when he was visiting a hearing dogs for the deaf institute.

Really pissed off the leftie wankers that one :biggrin: :salut:
  5. On meeting the young teenager who was blinded in an IRA bomb attack the Queen asked 'So how much sight do you have left' - Prince Philip cutting in 'Not a lot, judging by the tie he's wearing'
  6. Well, you'll never fly in it, you're too fat to be an astronaut."
    Said at the University of Salford to a 13-year-old aspiring astronaut, who was wishing to fly the NOVA rocket;
  7. At the height of the recession in 1981 he said: “Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed.”
  8. Not sure when, but on meeting a group of Brits in China who were studying there, Phil commented "if you stay here much longer you'll all have slitty eyes too". Much displeasure amongst the PC mongs in England.
    The Chinese however thought it was amusing.

If Phil did not exist he would have to be invented. He is the much needed opposite of the PC mongs who infest Britain.
  9. As a regular traveller, I particularly enjoyed this one...

"If you travel as much as we do you appreciate how much more comfortable aircraft have become. Unless you travel in something called economy class, which sounds ghastly".
  10. [​IMG]

During a reception at Buckingham Palace for some 400 influential British Indians, the husband of the Queen greeted Atul Patel by glancing at his name tag and saying: "There's a lot of your family in tonight".
  11. On meeting a campaigner for Fire Safety following her son's unfortunate smoke-related dath:

'So, what are you here for then?'

'Fire alarms-'

'Bloody nuisance those things. Keep me up all night!'
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

"This looks like it was put in by an Indian." (talking about a chaos of wiring)
  13. Apparently when the Royal Yacht Brittania was being retired they held a Royal dinner on board for HMQ to say goodbye to the old girl.

Anyway, as HMQ and Phillip enter the room, HMQ spots an ice sculpture of the Brittania on a table. HMQ turns to Phillip and asks "Do you think that is meant to be the Brittania?"
    Phillip looked at her and replied "Of course it is, you silly woman."

Showing that even royalty treat their wives with the disdain they occasionally deserve.

This story was related to me from an ex-Royal Marine band member who was there at the time.
  14. "If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it." Prince Philip at 1986 World Wildlife Fund meeting.