Favourite Horror & Sci-Fi Horror Films

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by RiflemanTom, Oct 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RiflemanTom

RiflemanTom Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I'm just watching "The Thing" on channel 4.

Even though the special effects are looking a bit old now this is still a top film. The story, filming, and acting are top notch and it doesn't completely rely on special effects like some modern films do. I definately think some of the best films of this type were made in the 80's.

So, what's your favourite horror, or sci-fi horror film and why?
  2. I find Event Horizon bed-swampingly scary, it's all the ripping out of eyeballs I think. Also the fact that it has Sean Pertwee in as well, whose voice has been used in every single advert ever made; I hate him.
  3. 'Arachnophobia' has always done it for me... i know it was made as a comedy spoof not a horror but i saw it when it premiered on tv and i was still a toddler... from that night on i can't go to sleep without sweeping my bedroom for spiders...checking inside shoes and under toilet seats etc

Also 'Carrie' where she goes a bit mental at the end covered in blood doing her mind thing and the bit where her hand shoots out of her grave and grabs that lass... scared the shite out of me anyway!

I was decidedly unimpressed with the exorcist when i finally got round to watching it. it was shit. As was 'Halloween'
  4. Is that you sfub?
  5. Funnily enough, I watched Witchfnder General the other night, and shouted out ' I recognise that fcuking tree', to my girlfriend's disinterest. Of course, it was filmed in STANTA, according to Wiki. Fcuking creepy place.
  6. RiflemanTom

RiflemanTom Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I remember going with the missus to see a midnight showing of The Exercist at the pictures when they re-released it a few years back. We were expecting a really scary horror flick but when it all started kicking off the audience all just started pissing themselves at the shit special effects.
  7. Salem's Lot with James Mason, 'You'll enjoy Mr Barlow, and he will enjoy you'. (gulp).
  8. It's got to be Alien, scary as fcuk and you get to see a young sigorney weaver in her keks.
  9. An American Werewolf in London - great film, horror, comedy and - Jenny Agutter in the shower

Vampire Lovers - Ingrid Pitt getting her kit off in a variety of vampiric lesbo-lust
  10. Horror????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Ah Blair on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. The thing is still a brilliant film, the sense of dread and paranoia has never been beaten. Ace soundtrack too.

2004 remake of dawn of the dead is great too. Running zombies, gore galore and a very sick sense of humour.

Outpost is a class don as well. Very much like dog soldiers but with Nazi zombies. NAZI ZOMBIES! what more could you want? Oh, that's right I'm on arrse. Sorry, no tits I'm afraid.
  12. Already said but I must agree:

The Thing
    Alien & Aliens(i know its later but still)
    The Mist
  13. How could I forget Dog Soldiers? Love it.
  14. Nobody's even mentioned sci-fi yet so let me start by saying the best film was 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' closely followed by the latest 'Star Trek' movie. The best TV series by a long way was Babylon 5 and the worst 'Blakes 7'.
    The horror film I enjoyed the most, though not scary, was 'The Langoliers' and the worst horror/sci-fi in the whole history of films is 'Plan 9 from Outer Space'.
  15. Saw 3d is cool