Favourite Breakfast?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by JoeCivvie, Sep 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I spotted this on the Beeb's website in an article about Guinees World Records:

Breakfast it the best meal of the day as far as I'm concerned. I love corned beef hash and eggs; steak and eggs; dim sum; eggs; bacon and bubble; Eggs Benedict and, of course, the 'Full Monty' or full English.

Dinah's Diner in Covent Garden (is it still there?) used to do a wonderful eggs; bacon and bubble. Simpsons on the Strand for their '10 Deadly sins', or the Cock in Smithfield for a Smithfield Breakfast with a pint of Guinness.

What's your favourite (and nul point for saying a fanny-batter sandwich or similar)?

2. I had a "Full Irish" yesterday in the Irish bar at Schiphol airport. It was OK but the lava bread was a bit like a soggy nan bread. The best full Irish I have had this year was in the Green Vespa bar, Phnom Penh. Breakfast in Peru was interesting and quite good, two days ago I had roast pork ribs on a bed of rice. Quite tasty, but not as good for a hangover as bacon and eggs.

3. Most cafe stylee breakfasts that are deemed bad for your health these days.

4. Three (3) replies, and no-one has mentioned...

EGG BANJO!

5. Bacon and mushroom buttie!! Yummy

TPBD

6. Boil in the bag sausage and beans.

Sitting in the woods holding the burning hot bag with a gloved left hand while digging in with a brown plastic MRE spoon and occasionally dripping bean juice down your rank slide. Can’t beat it.

7. Real breakfast - unsmoked back bacon, field mushhrooms freshly proffed and scrambly eggs.

Fantasy breakfast - rump steak an inch thick, four poached eggs and ranch style potatoes with a bottle of chilli sauce on the side...how would I like my steak? Crispy on the fat, dark on the outside and red as a freshly raped nun's chuff in the middle please.

8. Pancakes with butter and sugar.

TPBD

9. Spam fritters beans n egg black pud

10. How long does it take to dig in with a plastic MRE spoon?

I tend to go local wherever I am. Fave at the moment (Spain) is toast with olive oil and tomato. In Germany, you can beat fresh brochen with anything. Belize was a Belikan beer and Constitution (cheap local fags).

11. Hot Rowies.

12. A cup of tea and a fag. He has to make the tea just right though, otherwise I'll spank him again.

13. That is Aberdonian soul food!

14. Bauernfrühstück on top of a fresh hangover.

15. Japanese Breakfast for me!

Maguro don - Bowl of sticky rice with Tuna slices on top and lashings of soy and Wasabi!

Not sure it will taste any where near as good as it did when I was in Tokyo and your in the market square.