Favourite bit of kit?

4 x 2 flanelette (in the days when it was 4 x 2inches):

The most efficient, friendly, warm and comfortable of wiping your arrsehole under field conditons ever invented

Tea towel stuffed down the side of my PC - great for wiping off the key board when sticky stuff splodges on it.

pegasusranger

Awww bless doesn't she sound so adorable?!
Maybe we could club together and send her on an 18-30s holiday.

Perhaps we could just club her and save on the airfare :D

11 years on from the last posting on this thread, it has to be my old farts bus pass, saves me a mint. However, while dressed in the exotic blends of brown black and green, a thousand years ago, it had to be my KFS set, that lived in my left arm pocket of my combat jacket. Being free running, grabbing scoff on the hoof, was a godsend, and so noshing rods were crucial. I still have them. they were issued to me in 1972, and the manufacturing date on the clip says 1945, complete with the war office arrow, priceless.

Three pages in 16 years and still no mention of “That Rifle”? You lot are slipping ;-)

Racing spoon and doss bag.

11 years on from the last posting on this thread, it has to be my old farts bus pass, saves me a mint. However, while dressed in the exotic blends of brown black and green, a thousand years ago, it had to be my KFS set, that lived in my left arm pocket of my combat jacket. Being free running, grabbing scoff on the hoof, was a godsend, and so noshing rods were crucial. I still have them. they were issued to me in 1972, and the manufacturing date on the clip says 1945, complete with the war office arrow, priceless.
You needed more than a spoon?

You needed more than a spoon?
This was in the days of the barrack cookhouse, manned and run by experts, the ACC, ditto field kitchens,, who knew what the lads liked, and very little restriction on portion servings. Soldiers feeding soldiers, not some bunch of penny pinching , tight arsed civilians. This was when you could "accidentialy" hit a boar, or deer on exercises and the cookhouse in the field , gutted it, and served it up to the lads. Or when our tame liney, F**** F***, went out and snared some forest rabbits. you might take the piss, but my generation ate infinitely better than you could ever imagine, when we had an large army, (384,000) not the piddling small home defence force we have now. Not your fault,.....politicians....I shit em!

Last edited: