Favourite bird

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by MrPVRd, Jul 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a fond admirer of the gregarious and chattering sparrow, and the wagtail has a certain dash. Swifts and swallows are a joy to behold, when carrying out aerobatics and the magpie has a cunning gleam in its eye.

But my favourite bird has to be the jackdaw, for intelligence and cockiness.

2. I personally enjoy the majestic flight of a wing of geese of a Spring evening.

V!

3. the swan! what a gracefull bird.

can break your arm with a beat of its wings! now that is cool

4. I used to know someone who got bitten by a swan. I've held them in far higher esteem ever since - they showed impeccable taste.
    As for favourite bird - has to be skylarks. You rarely see them, but they sound great.

5. Bird :

Attached Files:

6. Perigrin falcon - fastest bird in the world and eats pigeons - fcuckin' brilliant!!

7. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

The Greater Breasted Bed Thasher gets my vote

8. Big fan of Crows/Rooks etc..

I agree about the Skylarks though, i remember watching them on Salisbury plain one summer, lovely..

9. Magpie, not being superstitious I like to watch people trying to be sneaky about the rituals they've been taught to avoid disaster when seeing one of these. :D

Beebs

10. My favourite bird is the Beebs,

She tastes nice and buys me presents.

She also knows my feelings on magpies.

Yours,

Sluggy of Snailsville.

11. I'm rather fond of the Teat Owl. loveley soft plumage, ideal for drying the pots and pans.

12. I didn't know it was unlucky to eat a magpie.

magpie with golden brown flakey crust is best

13. [​IMG]

Methinks they modernised Sesame Street a little too much...

14. Sesame street. Subversive mind control of the younger generations