Favorite whisky and why

Whilst I enjoy all whiskies (whisky/whiskey/bourbon) I have a very strong preference for the most peaty/iodine South Islay single malts - Laphroiag, Ardbeg, Talisker ... the nose, taste and after-taste are ... challenging and then fulfilling ... each sip makes me think ‘yes, that’s bloody nice’.
Very much the same here. Laphroaig, Ardbeg and Talisker are wonderful.
The recent American obsession with Lagavulin has made it much more readily available in bars and restaurants when travelling too which is always a nice go to if nothing else Peaty is available.

The recent American obsession with Lagavulin has made it much more readily available in bars and restaurants when travelling too which is always a nice go to if nothing else Peaty is available.
Ah yes, forgot about Lagavulin, so have just ordered a bottle for my next few weeks’ nightcaps. Cheers.:sunny: :)

Treats - Talisker from the west coast, Aberlour from the Speyside.

Jameson's for general duties.

Bowmore's selling at a nice price lately. Caol Ila for choice

Have also ordered a bottle of Glenfiddich Project XX Experimental Series ... ruinously expensive (for me) at £50, but hey, one's liver only lives once, what?

Mrs Devex bought me a Penderyn Distillery masterclass for Christmas. We're going up overnight to the area (we actually only live 90 minutes away) and I'm indulging in early July. I like it but it is rather pricey compare to others. Tesco have a range of decent single malts for about £20 a pop, or good blends for a bit less - I might stop by on my way home off nights in the morning.
The distillery tour is supposed to be pretty good.

And just around the corner from the Brecon Mountain Railway, which is equally supposed to be very pleasent.

Have also ordered a bottle of Glenfiddich Project XX Experimental Series ... ruinously expensive (for me) at £50, but hey, one's liver only lives once, what?
I drank a ridiculously expensive couple of bottles of Springbank 25 a few years back. I'd bought them in the 90s before it went banzai on prices. If I'd sold them I'd always have wondered what they tasted like.

Fecking brilliant is the answer. You're a long time dead.

Dalmore cigar malt is a fave for me but enjoy a Lagavulin. I've got an expensive bottle of Dalmore I'm just worried I'll get pished and open it one night.
Do it now whilst you're sober.

Best dram ever had was in a lemonade bottle. I'm from Dufftown and it came out of a warehouse at cask strength. It was as black as pitch and smelt heavily of sherry and nothing in the shops has ever come close.

Just enjoying a Johnnie Walker 15 year old green label that I got for my birthday lovely smooth blend of single malts well worth trying lads

Was given a bottle of Cotswold Distillery single malt mast Christmas by a grateful client. Was a bit sniff about it to be honest, not being from a recognised whisky (or whiskey) area but when the other stuff had run out I opened it in desperation turned it to be very good indeed - not over peaty, slight salt and smells ever so slightly medicinal.

Every day whisky is currently Jamesons and my favourite special treat is Aberlour at the moment but very fond of any Balvenie as well.

When I was drinking Old Poulteney from Wick was my favourite Whisky, always seemed smoother and rounder than other malts.

Bulleit bourbon rye whisky . Often on special on amazon from £25 to £18 .

I like it , its not expensive so you don't feel guilty about drinking it when you want . I only have one or two usually as a chaser after a bottle of beer . Different whisky for different times , i would not drink like that with some fine expensive bottle .

I also drink Japanese Nikka from the barrel whisky .About £35 for 500ml so expensive but amazing stuff .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
morsk The NAAFI Bar 211
ThunderBox The NAAFI Bar 112
H The NAAFI Bar 50