faulty scooter

we are posted to Sennelager and in June we bought a 50cc scooter for me to get about when DH is away , its been back to the shop twice to be fixed and now its broken again , can I demand my money back? we paid 1,499 euro for it , the guy is going to call tomorrow but he is saying he will get it mended AGAIN I want my money back so we can go somewhere else to buy one , probably cheaper as well...reply ASAP

we are posted to Sennelager and in June we bought a 50cc scooter for me to get about when DH is away , its been back to the shop twice to be fixed and now its broken again , can I demand my money back? we paid 1,499 euro for it , the guy is going to call tomorrow but he is saying he will get it mended AGAIN I want my money back so we can go somewhere else to buy one , probably cheaper as well...reply ASAP

Under German law, IIRC the seller has two attempts to repair faulty goods and then, either replace or refund. A refund sometimes will have deductions (legal) for usage of the item before it broke/failed.

§ 437 Rechte des Käufers bei Mängeln
Ist die Sache mangelhaft, kann der Käufer, wenn die Voraussetzungen der folgenden Vorschriften vorliegen und soweit nicht ein anderes bestimmt ist,
1.nach § 439 Nacherfüllung verlangen,
2.nach den §§ 440, 323 und 326 Abs. 5 von dem Vertrag zurücktreten oder nach § 441 den Kaufpreis mindern und
3.nach den §§ 440, 280, 281, 283 und 311a Schadensersatz oder nach § 284 Ersatz vergeblicher Aufwendungen verlangen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sidrct The Intelligence Cell 1
W.Anchor Infantry 15
armourer The NAAFI Bar 3