Fatwah against terrorism

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Generalissimo, Aug 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Heard about this on the radio yesterday. Was going to look up some more but got side-tracked with nothing productive (but it was fun at least). Thought the head honcho summed it up brilliantly. His comment was along the lines of "The West has allowed radicalisation to happen because they have not been willing to make a stand in case they are branded racist or islamophobic. I aim to address this."

2. All power to the their elbow. They will have far greater credibility with mainstream Muslims and are far better placed to get a message across. Mind you, most intelligent people have long realised that it is a few radicalised and over-ideological beings that cause the problems and that the vast majority of Muslims are just normal everyday people who just happen to worship the same God in a slightly different way to us.

3. Pretty much this.

4. this is nothing new. for years theres been a LOT of Islamic Mid-Easters calling for help against what they call the 'fascist extremism' that's coming from certain clerics in Mecca.
    I'v said it before, I'll say it again, untill the moderates have power and a form of 'democracy' in the Kingdom of Saud this entire 'war/jihad' will be a never-ending issue.
    I'm just happy to know that when the Islamic reformation comes, the new leaders will have english accents =D

5. I agree, but there are also a large number of impressional young Muslims caught in the crossfire, as it were. I hope that this movement can help swing them in a constructive direction.

6. Stuff like this always makes me laugh. You're post is equivalent to 'Liberal' egalitarianism which has been foisted upon the masses through political correctness. No questioning, analysis of Islam in this country just a pre set position. These millions of people the 'liberals' have swamped the country with are rather nice people and we'l all live happily ever after. Compliant society are the British, for now...

7. ........eh?