Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello arrsers, just a quick question. I'm 6 ft 1 tall and i weigh 93 kg. I went into my local AFCO and they said i'm too big and that i need to get to 90 kg. My mile and a half is 10.50 and i can do all the other stuff for selection.I know the only thing to do is lose the weight but i was just wondering if they're being a bit strict!!

p.s I know i'm fat.

2. well mate im same height as you, 5 kg heavier but i am 33, doen 14 years and still run my PFT in 9:35.

3. A PFT in 9 minutes? are you bionic? or has a PFT changed to something else now?

It was 3 miles when I was in.

4. 800 m warm up as squad, 2.4k best effort mate.

5. I'm 6'2 and 85kg banging out 8:50, just run for a few miles 3-4 times a week and weight will fly off mate.

6. Lose it, shouldn't be too hard, your run time probably good enough to join :wink:

7. Im 5ft 10.5"

and i weigh 90kg, and its never been mentioned to me?

8. I'm 5ft 4 and i use weigh 75kg (Nov 07) and they told me i had to loose 5kg, which i have managed to loose really easily with in a few months, and i'm now 69kg, which they are happy with. All i did was change my diet. I just cut out chocolate, crisps cakes ect and stuck to fruit and veg and any other low fat things. Combined with lots of exercise it should just drop off.

9. well i was 106. it wnt be hard to lose the weight just wanna f*****g go for it now

10. I had the same problem, plently of steady state running and eating sensibly and you'll be fine, they'll sort your 1.5 mile run time out at ATR. 10:50 should be fine for ADSC as long as you're breathing out your arrse at the end.

11. breathing out my arrse?? I'm more fucked than a korean dog after ha

12. I was exactly the same weight and im 6ft just exercise more and watch what you eat and the weight will drop off now im 14 stone and now im just under my BMI.

13. It iwll be the recruiters taking your BMI - not a good indication of being fat. I have been technically obese since I joined (6ft 2" - hovered around 15 stone, then up to 17 when playing rugby, now back at 15).

The letter of the law will have an indication that you must be a certain BMI, hence a certain weight for your height. We get quite a few here who are too light - I joke that we should give them a week on Burger King leave, force feeding them Whoppers, but most have to leave and re-join.

My advice would be to lose the 5 kg - it should be easy enough with a bit of extra PT. that way you are in the door and you WILL lose weight at Phase 1.

14. wow so many tall people :)
    im 5 ft 7 and weigh 59 kg
    i was told thats fine for harrogate
    i take it your going adult entry by the way?

15. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

So many tall people? I was thinking so many fat fcukers. I'm off to buy some Ginsters shares and retire.

Eat less exercise more, it's not rocket science. People who are overweight are simply lazy and greedy.