Fathers4Justice deface Queen's Portrait

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DesktopCommando, Jun 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Queen's Portrait Defaced At Westminster Abbey [​IMG] A man has been arrested after a portrait of the Queen was defaced with paint at Westminster Abbey in central London.The picture, which has now been removed from public view, had been on display in the Chapter House for a few weeks before it was vandalised.Campaign group Fathers4Justice said one of its members was responsible for the damage, in an apparent "Father's Day protest". A spokesman said it was not an official protest.Police were called to the Abbey around 12:30pm after security guards detained a 41-year-old man.Scotland Yard said he was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and taken to a central London police station where he was in custodyFathers4Justice spokesman Jolly Stanesby said the suspect was a "desperate dad" wanting to draw attention to the issue of shared parenting.He said: "He (the suspect) has tried all other avenues. On the run-up to Father's Day he decided nobody was willing to listen."Mr Stanesby said campaigners had been invited to a meeting at the House of Commons earlier this week to discuss their plight with MPs, but only four parliamentarians turned up.Asked why the Queen's portrait was chosen, Mr Stanesby said: "She's head of the country - her badge is on every family court in this country."The 9ft by 11ft oil on canvas piece, that was sprayed with paint in the attack, was designed to commemorate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.It was produced by Australian-born artist Ralph Heimans and depicts the monarch in the sacrarium of the Abbey, also known as the Coronation Theatre.Mr Heimans had a sitting with the Queen at Buckingham Palace on March 21 last year, but the scene is an imagined one, set at night in the Abbey.The work depicts Her Majesty in a moment of solitary reflection, standing at the centre circle of the Cosmati pavement, on the exact spot she was crowned..........................I hope they set Mumsnet on him

2. Well that'll do their cause a whole lot of good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think the courts often treat fathers very shabbily. One can't condone such an action but at least he attacked an inanimate object to make his protest, rather than a person. I'd sooner see outraged litigants setting about paintings than setting about judges.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

god bless fathers for justice , when we get divorced most of us get shafted by the legal system! you win reasonable contact with yer kids and the other half thinks that its reasonable that you never see them.
    spend thousands in the kids courts and get defined access and then find the other half (ex) can do what she likes and the law wont do a thing . From changing the kids names to moving without notification and still not allowing access!! Dont yew start me off ......

5. Some of their movers and shakers live up the road from here. I'll pop into their usual pub tonight and nag them. Ought to be good for a few free pints.

Doesn't defacing an image of Her Maj come under the Treason Act?

Whilst I have sympathy for the cause this has probably done them a lot of harm. I can't belive the F4J spokeman stood up in support of this behaviour. Idiot.

6. I preferred Batman and the purple powder filled condoms personally.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Batman is ex serving

8. I read that most family disputes are settled by arbitration now and things are much better than they used to be.

It's just a shame that the justice system doesn't deal with absent fathers the way normal people would expect.

9. Fathers for Justice have tried just about every legal way to try to get the government to listen to them.
    The beast Harman was one of their biggest opponents and made sure that they never had a voice during the Blair/Brown years, she hated them with a passion that is carried forward to the present day.

The Tories appear to be singing from the same hymn book as their predecessors viz F4J and are determined to totally ignore them.

This act was borne of a total indifference by successive HM Govt's and whilst I don't necessarily approve of the defacing I can understand it.

It really is about time the Family Courts were subject to some type of inquiry or investigation.

10. Define "Normal People" You'll find that each and every member of sociaty are all individuals with their own ideologies about life.

11. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

their not absent fathers , they are fathers who are being denied access to visit or see the kids . whilst a complete strainger can bath them and put them to bed etc !!

• Like Like x 1
  12. The family court system is outdated & many within the legal industry know full well the serious problems but ignorance will continue unfortunately.

It was wrong for the defacement but I understand that being ignored and not having your voice heard then F4J may resort to alternative activities.

13. It was nothing to do with F4J. They've denied it was an official protest, and nothing to do with them - just carried out by a person who happens to be a member. He may well also be a member of the RAC or AA, but the title of the thread wasn't "AA deface Queen's Portrait"......