Fathers4Justice are Cocks once again

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DesktopCommando, Jun 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Constable's The Hay Wain Attacked By Protester

Constable's masterpiece The Hay Wain has been attacked by a protester in London's National Gallery.

A man is in custody at a London police station after being arrested at the Trafalgar Square gallery shortly after 1pm on Friday, Scotland Yard said.

The protester, thought to be linked to Fathers4Justice, glued a four-inch photograph of a young boy to the 1821 painting in room 34 but did no lasting damage to the work of art, a gallery spokeswoman said.

Fathers4Justice named the man arrested as Paul Manning, who claims he recently lost a legal battle involving his son, and said he had carried out "a final act of desperation".

In a statement posted on its website he wrote that his heart, conscience and love "pushes me on to some sort of future action, some sort of path that will get me back to my dear son or it may not?"

He added: "It will be an action that may lead to my incarceration possibly even to my own death.

"For I tell you this and take note: my own nation or government or some judge who knows little of my deep love for my child is NOT going to take my son from me or prevent me from seeing him!"

It comes as Fathers4Justice said it was abandoning its five-year "attempted engagement with the political establishment" and called on fathers to take "independent weekly direct action" in the spirit of the Suffragettes 100 years ago.

The gallery spokeswoman said: "Conservation staff were on the scene very rapidly and the painting was removed for treatment.

"No damage to Constable's original paint occurred and there is no lasting damage to the painting."

The Hay Wain is one of the country's most recognisable works of art.

John Constable's oil painting shows an idyllic rural scene with a cart - the eponymous hay wain - in the river Stour in Suffolk.

The national gallery spokeswoman said it would investigate the security breach but praised "the prompt action and quick thinking" of staff who intervened before any more lasting damage could be done.

The attack on the painting came as a Fathers4Justice campaigner appeared in court accused of vandalising a portrait of the Queen in Westminster Abbey.

Tim Haries, 41, from Doncaster in South Yorkshire, appeared at Southwark Crown Court in London today charged with criminal damage to the Ralph Heimans canvas, which was daubed with spray paint on June 13.

He was bailed to appear at the court again in September.

Fathers4Justice said today that from now on it was refusing to engage with government, police, courts, the judiciary and any other organisations involved in family law.

2. Yes, damaging or attempting to damage priceless works of art will be deemed as appropriate responsible behaviour by a Family Court Judge I'm sure.

• Like Like x 11
  3. Who in their right mind thinks that's gonna help him get access to his kid?

What a complete Cock.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ****. Should have waited for the inevitable decision and shot the judge.

5. What a 'Grade A' ocean-going prick.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I can imagine the injustice against men in parental child disputes would drive you ******* mad, but a real mad would be smart and as Just a Civvy says (sort of), it completely justifies the courts decision, what a cock.

Now climbing up Buckingham Palace in a batman suit and a robin suit...nope, cock.

Climbing a crane in Spiderman - nope, cock.

Throwing condom filled with dye powder at politicians - great fun but as for your cause, cock.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not so sure about that.

Causing Tony to hold his breath till he went purple and causing Gordon to swamp in terror was a noble endeavour. Was the condom ribbed for our pleasure?

Don't they have some sort of glass over the paintings at the National Gallery? Some of them are worth millions and any nutter could walk in with paint stripper or a stanley knife.

• Like Like x 7
  8. You'd think they'd try a dignified approach that would garner sympathy from the public instead of coming over as vindictive, spiteful bullies. If they act like this when they don't get their own way then how do they act with their children?

• Like Like x 5
  9. He'll end up in prison at this rate. How the **** does he think that will aid his cause?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fortunately they don't have their kids, which is the cause of them acting like spoilt children. oh the irony of it all.

• Like Like x 1
  11. "I'll throw a wobbler and carry out an act of random violence and senseless vandalism against public property. That's bound to show them I'm a fit person to have unsupervised access to children."

Cock.

• Like Like x 10
  12. Little bit over the top there fella? If you can't even get hung for piracy or dockyard arson anymore I'm not sure Prittsticking a Polaroid to a painting's going to get you dancing the Tyburn jig.

On a more serious note though, isn't the point of this recent spate of action that political engagement failed? And that whilst none of this may help the individual it does at least raise the issue in the public consciousness. And who knows? Maybe one day Westminster might take notice of that.

• Like Like x 2
  13. An alternative explanation is that these chaps haven't won their cases because they're the sort who're prone to this sort of histrionics in everyday life too.

Maybe they've been denied access to their children because they're not fit to govern themselves let alone a child? There's certainly some evidence to support that in how they behave.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Nothing like pissing off a chunk of society that would have otherwise supported your efforts.

twerp.

• Like Like x 1
  15. If the mongs from F4F, read this, there is a lot for them to take on board. All these histrionics demonstrate, is that the court made the correct decision in the first place.