Fathers tribute to dead soldier

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4915166.stm

A British officer killed in Iraq felt troops were "making a difference, little by little, his father has said.
Brigadier John Palmer said the vast majority of Iraqis were better off because of people like his son, Lieutenant Richard Palmer, 27.
Brig Palmer said his son had no doubts about his role. He said: "He still believed that what they were doing, they were doing it very professionally and that they were, little by little, making a difference for the majority of the Iraqi population.
"Clearly there were lots of members of the population who didn't want them there, but the vast majority, they were better off because people like Richard were there."
He said his son was aware of the risks in Iraq: "He knew how dangerous it was out there and he was doing a job that he wanted to do and was worthwhile.
"That's a worthwhile memory, that if he had to go, he went doing something that he really believed in."

RIP...

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Brig Palmer also commented:

"Richard was a very talented and popular young man who achieved a lot in his life. We are immensely proud of him - whilst nothing can make his loss any easier, we are just thankful that the other members of his troop, of whom he thought so much, were not seriously injured."
Well said Sir.

Edit to add: Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. Fairly certain that Ensign Ewart will have the beers in already.

May the family find peace and comfort in the knowledge and pride that they're son died a soldier. God bless you.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them.

Some of the best of the best have fallen, giving their all to make a difference for the Iraqi people. While this is small comfort to the loved one's it does provide meaning and a sense of value that the sacrifice has not been in vain. My deepest sympathies Brigadier and respect for the sacrifice of your son Richard.

Condolences to you , your family and the friends and colleagues of your son Sir.

I hope the messages expressed thus far here and elsewhere are of some comfort to you.

PTP

Rest in peace Sir, let us hope your sacrifice is not in vain.......................

How enlightenning to hear words of pride from the family of a soldier who knew their son was doing exactly what he wanted to..........another Dragoon goes to the great tank park in the sky.

The_Dragoon said:
How enlightenning to hear words of pride from the family of a soldier who knew their son was doing exactly what he wanted to..........another Dragoon goes to the great tank park in the sky.
Excatly.

May he rest in peace, knowing that by doing his job he was helping build a better world.

Stand down..

Some people talk about putting their life on the line for people they dont know, your son Sir did it.

RIP my condolences to you and your loved ones

My sympathies to the family. His son (and all sons and daughters on ops) was trying to make a difference and his father's support is touching

Another good man gone....RIP