Fathers tribute to dead soldier

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DrStealth, Apr 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4915166.stm

2. RIP...
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Brig Palmer also commented:

Well said Sir.

Edit to add: Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. Fairly certain that Ensign Ewart will have the beers in already.
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

RIP Sir.
  5. May the family find peace and comfort in the knowledge and pride that they're son died a soldier. God bless you.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them.
  6. RIP old chap. Sorry it had to be you.
  7. Some of the best of the best have fallen, giving their all to make a difference for the Iraqi people. While this is small comfort to the loved one's it does provide meaning and a sense of value that the sacrifice has not been in vain. My deepest sympathies Brigadier and respect for the sacrifice of your son Richard.
  8. Condolences to you , your family and the friends and colleagues of your son Sir.

I hope the messages expressed thus far here and elsewhere are of some comfort to you.

9. RIP from an ex soldier who always thinks of those still serving.
  10. RIP from another ex soldier who also cares
  11. RIP - you were doing something that mattered. We are proud of you
  12. Rest in peace Sir, let us hope your sacrifice is not in vain.......................
  13. How enlightenning to hear words of pride from the family of a soldier who knew their son was doing exactly what he wanted to..........another Dragoon goes to the great tank park in the sky.
  14. Excatly.

May he rest in peace, knowing that by doing his job he was helping build a better world.