Fathers' Day - How was it for you?

Thanks, it's on my list, which is getting quite big now.
In order to further assist with the size of your "list", may I also suggest the 'Crowner John' series by Bernard Knight?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
In order to further assist with the size of your "list", may I also suggest the 'Crowner John' series by Bernard Knight?
Oh dear I'll have to let Auld Yin know that I won't be able to read and review any of his books any time soon.
Funnily enough C J Sansom is mentioned on the cover of Rory Clements books stating that Clements is faster moving.
I will have to read this series first before I move on.

I had a Google of the Crowner John and they sound very good, for any one else reading this here's a bit of info.
Crowner John Mysteries - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Again, absolutely nothing. No pressie, no contact, no nothing. Which is fine. When he gets sweet FA for his birthday, I'll let him know why.

I blame his mother.

This is the 3rd Father's Day since my daughter passed away and it just rams home how much I miss her.
Of course you do. Fathers Day must be the hardest day of the year for you and I doubt time is a healer. My sympathies to you.
Pv

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Reading these comments, it strikes me that there are some very ungrateful wives and kids out there. They’ll miss you when you’re dead.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
I got a nice bottle of Eden Mill gin, an iTunes card and a Toblerone bar (to which I’m very partial) and three cards. I also got to pick dinner, so we had a take away from my favourite Italian.

This is the 3rd Father's Day since my daughter passed away and it just rams home how much I miss her.
Sitting here at 6.32am just waiting for builders to arrive soon and finish off the back-to-brick kitchen renovation.
Problems...problems..and more problems.
Then I read this. Frankly these problems mean nothing. I felt a bit uncomfortable at being such a selfish self possessed dick, and I revisit my parental gratefulness at our kid getting out of his various deployments whole...just...like thousands of other parents of those who serve. We are no different in that respect, or special.
My thoughts are with you even though I don't know you. I trust that does not come across as presumptuous.
I lost my Dad to suicide when I was 18 in 1970. Left Uni, got a job, got on with "it" as we were in massive debt and did not know it how badly at the time. We collectively paid the debts off. Kids are genetically hard wired to losing parents, but the reverse is a complete & utter life changing bastard and against mother Nature. I know this to a limited & certain degree having carried my 11 years old Godson's white casket into chapel, and that for me was bad enough. He was our lad's best wee mate.
As for my Father's Day, I got a text from Bavaria from said son.
"Hi Dad! Hows it? Yer getting F all as usual ya grumpy auld shite but I'll pick a decent nursing home soon"
Perfect! Loved it. You canny put a price on...respect.

Last edited:
Hugs and kisses from the grandsprogs, a model Star Wars spaceship and a meal out and some beers in the evening with my lad. :drunken:

Some Del boy talking cards, very funny, with matching T-Shirt, a bottle of apricot brandy, 2 bars of black chocolate from No 2 daughter and some Belgium chocolates from the grandkids. The best present, is that they came to the house with the grandchildren , and spent some time with Ma and me, That is as good as it gets.

Pretty rubbish in terms of Father's day. MrsPlume & I separated last October and despite an attempt at marriage counselling in January which she binned after five weeks she is becoming more & more irrational, restricting access to MasterPlume. I got nothing, not even a card, and wasn't allowed to attend MasterPlume's birthday celebrations the day before.

He is my stepson rather than son. However I've been the only Dad he's ever had since he was one-and-a-half, more than ten years ago, & when I do get to see him he even puts down the iPad to play boardgames or go to the recreation ground to play cricket or football with me. He just doesn't understand why MrsPlume is doing this to us.

Good bit was my RFU Level 2 Coaching course went well. Would have swapped that for being with the Boy, though.

Pretty rubbish in terms of Father's day. MrsPlume & I separated last October and despite an attempt at marriage counselling in January which she binned after five weeks she is becoming more & more irrational, restricting access to MasterPlume. I got nothing, not even a card, and wasn't allowed to attend MasterPlume's birthday celebrations the day before.

He is my stepson rather than son. However I've been the only Dad he's ever had since he was one-and-a-half, more than ten years ago, & when I do get to see him he even puts down the iPad to play boardgames or go to the recreation ground to play cricket or football with me. He just doesn't understand why MrsPlume is doing this to us.

Good bit was my RFU Level 2 Coaching course went well. Would have swapped that for being with the Boy, though.
Sorry to hear this, having seen you post many, many times about activities with MasterPlume it is blindingly obvious you treated and thought of him as your son. I hope for both your sakes that something can be worked out.