Fathers' Day - How was it for you?

Can't be arsed to read back through the thread but has @deanol been on to describe what he got? The disdain of his son and a look at his daughter's VC.

Well at least you did not have the wife discussing what sort of financial aid, to give to her parents and grandmother. Then tell you she wants a new house.....Finances really can be the death of marriage.
Does she work and make a boatload too?

Our lad got me a box of dark fruit cider, and took me and his mother out for a meal, well pleased,

I’m mildly envious of fellow ARSSErs who have proffed whisky, gin and choccies. However, I couldn’t be happier. No2 son, still resident, gave me a wonderfully worded card. No1 son, married and far away, phoned. Wife granted me a few moments peace and quiet.

She does, but she also wants things. She has a shit credit score and has not realized without my credit, and health ins she would be up shit creek.
Mag to Grid
You will be better off both mentally and finacially,first part more inportant than the second. The second when it comes makes the first part more fun mate

My dad f**ked off and left me and my brother when we were born, pretty much only seen the fella a few times in the flesh although he's on FB, can't say he was missed

My dad f**ked off and left me and my brother when we were born, pretty much only seen the fella a few times in the flesh although he's on FB, can't say he was missed
My dad gave me 9 years that was 1 more than my mother. She legged it leaving us,then he pawned us off to grandparents for a year. Then decided to put us in a childrens home (best thing he did for us) he is dead now,i never bought a Fathers day since i was 9,no point i didn't know where he was.
Mind you i have 26 from my sons ...... priceless

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Non. Accept a gift with grace. Privately, you can recycle the cash then return a card saying you were so enchanted with her gift that you did...........? There's a myriad of good causes that you could have recycled the cash to and subsequently given her an explanation of..........
It appears that you did not read Skunkmiester s mail correctly. He did thank his daughter and went on to explain his reasons for not wanting her to waste her money on a commercial money making scam. I do not indulge in any of the mothers/fathers/valentines bollocks. There is no need for this when you can show your appreciation to someone you cherish and love at any time.

A box arrived from Amazon yesterday so I'm guessing it was the wife. Now I think about it I've probably paid for them myself but at least it keeps me quiet and out of trouble. They are very good, thoroughly recommend them.
If you're into those, give the Shardlake series (C.J. Sansom) a go, you won't regret it.

It appears that you did not read Skunkmiester s mail correctly. He did thank his daughter and went on to explain his reasons for not wanting her to waste her money on a commercial money making scam. I do not indulge in any of the mothers/fathers/valentines bollocks. There is no need for this when you can show your appreciation to someone you cherish and love at any time.
Can I just check that we are still in the NAAFI bar.

She does, but she also wants things. She has a shit credit score and has not realized without my credit, and health ins she would be up shit creek.
Reading your posts on the How bone is your Mrs thread I would say you would be better off without her but it is obvious that you have got no balls. Dry your eyes sweetheart.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
If you're into those, give the Shardlake series (C.J. Sansom) a go, you won't regret it.
Thanks, it's on my list, which is getting quite big now.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks, it's on my list, which is getting quite big now.