Fathers' Day - How was it for you?

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Boat.jpg
Fish.jpg
Camp.jpg
fry.jpg

My present was a day away from the family fishing. Bliss.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I got a card from my daughter on Saturday, followed by a message on FB yesterday. I treated myself to these:-
gin.jpg

tonic.jpg

I'm sure she'll appreciate the thought :)

I got a text from youngest son, a card about different types of farts from youngest daughter and a box of liquorice all sorts from 13 year old grandson.

A card saying I'm the worlds greatest farter ( I'm not plus windows always open) Toblerone with a To my hero Happy Fathers Day sleeve (Most gone now) and a Polo shirt (size L I'm a M but it's ok I will grow outwards into it) all in a nice stripey bag. All from No1 Son Thank you kindly.
No2 son a message on Faceache messenger saying 'Happy Fathers Day' thats it.
Best bit was the big lick I got from my Canine son and a cuddle, he stayed by my side all day ( maybe the Toblerone was his motivation, but of course no choc for a doggy it's dangerous)
So as Fathers days go not bad at all

Non. Accept a gift with grace. Privately, you can recycle the cash then return a card saying you were so enchanted with her gift that you did...........? There's a myriad of good causes that you could have recycled the cash to and subsequently given her an explanation of..........
Err don't think so. Fathers day is a total farce to sell cards and I don't need a special day for it as I am lucky enough to have an amazing daughter who is kicking arse at school and who is a great kid to be around at home. As I told her last night, I don't need a special day, as every day is a fathers day just being her Dad. I have been so proud of her the last few years.
I am also trying to impress on her that it is not the value of the present, it is the thought that goes into it that counts.
I would also not insult her by giving money away to some poxy grabbing charity.

T shirt from Kirkz mk1 and grand daughter and an IOU 1 prezzie note from Kirkz mk2, better than nothing I suppose.

all of my family arrived
and no arguments
only piss taking
result
I got the realization that I think the wife and I are going to divorce. Spent all day traveling, then was told I was selfish for wanting to get laid. After spending 2500 bucks to visit her parents and be their atm for 10 days. I did not even get a card.

Well, I got a card, joint, from both kids, a bar of chocolate that they'd nicked out of the cupboard (which I bought) a book (which SWMBO had bought) left on the kitchen table. Oh, and in a bag that I'd bought and used for our wedding anniversary present.

Total cost to the kids £0.00.
Not even breakfast in bed.

I ignored the bag until the fvckers brought it to me in person.
To cap it all I had to work all day.

Fathers day my arrse. Stuff it.

Last edited:
Well, I got a card, joint, from both kids, a bar of chocolate that they'd nicked out of the cupboard (which I bought) a book (which SWMBO had bought) left on the kitchen table. Oh, and in a bag that I'd bought and used for our wedding anniversary present.

Total cost to the kids £0.00.
Not even breakfast in bed.

I ignored the bag until the fvckers brought it tome in person.
To cap it all I had to work all day.

Fathers day my arrse. Stuff it.
Well at least you did not have the wife discussing what sort of financial aid, to give to her parents and grandmother. Then tell you she wants a new house.....Finances really can be the death of marriage.

T shirt from Kirkz mk1 and grand daughter and an IOU 1 prezzie note from Kirkz mk2, better than nothing I suppose.
Oh I forgot the bag of jelly babies off the half kind of adopted daughter.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer