Fathers' Day - How was it for you?

A bit shite this year
Up and down with my 8yo son until 0300 when I took him to a&e.
Now recovering from some virulent infection. Expected home tomorrow.

Mrs Fin will stay overnight (you want me to stay on a children's ward - with my snoring?), I am really looking forward to a shower, shave and some sheets. A&E chairs really aren't very comfortable

Still, did get a ton of choccy and homemade cards, just didn't have a nice day.

Hope yours was more of a joyous celebration. Here's to next year.
I work fairly frequently in a Children's Hospital and there is a definite smell of sick throughout it. Hope the lad recovers soon. You're better at home believe me. But do buy Mrs Fin something nice and preferably edible when they get home so you can join in.
Pv

Good day for me (for a change)....received a box of 4 craft beers made with bread(!), a dash cam, a 32gb SDHC card and steak (which I had to cook for Mrs Dave and I).

Oh, and Germany lost, which upset No1 son who was born in Iserlohn and always supports the Krauts come World Cup.

Sex a bit few and far between ^^
No2 was a bit of a surprise. We sort of assumed that sort of thing was in the past, and Mrs A is at the sharp end of the medical business, which shows how much they know.

Aye well, it'll keep me fit and young.

I tell you what though, she's an absolute sweetie when she's not getting on my tits.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I got a card from my daughter (one of them).
They both, however, seem to have let the fact that today is our 50th Wedding Anniversary pass them by.
You live in Louisiana ?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
A box of selections of Pong cheese. One being suspiciously runny, which I expect to disappear as soon as the crackers arrive. Along with the bearer of the crackers.
The rest of them hugely edible

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Cards from the sprogs - a Next voucher and some phat Pete Tong beats :)

...and I went to work, then came home and had a kip - poor old sod !

I don't do Fathers day, can't stand it. But my 12 yr old daughter gave me a card anyway (after she got back off a school trip). It had a £20 note in it.

I thanked her, but said that her giving me money in cards is not how it works and that she should put it towards something she wants.

I got something I've wanted for ages, so I am happy. A Big Green Egg cast iron wall mounted bottle opener. It's only a $10 item, but they've been discontinued for years and I never got one while they were available. The family must have searched for ages to find one on a dusty shelf in some random store. Apparently it came from Minnesota, which is a farking long way from here. Very happy indeed.

I got something I've wanted for ages, so I am happy. A Big Green Egg cast iron wall mounted bottle opener. It's only a $10 item, but they've been discontinued for years and I never got one while they were available. The family must have searched for ages to find one on a dusty shelf in some random store. Apparently it came from Minnesota, which is a farking long way from here. Very happy indeed.
Great Dad you must be.... Enjoy! The KJ people have probably destroyed all theirs by now!!

Hopefully he'll be back in time for the married bit. But you never know in that job. Proud of them all.
Indeed ..in his job as a medic he has to be vigilant...

I don't do Fathers day, can't stand it. But my 12 yr old daughter gave me a card anyway (after she got back off a school trip). It had a £20 note in it.

I thanked her, but said that her giving me money in cards is not how it works and that she should put it towards something she wants.
Non. Accept a gift with grace. Privately, you can recycle the cash then return a card saying you were so enchanted with her gift that you did...........? There's a myriad of good causes that you could have recycled the cash to and subsequently given her an explanation of..........

Last edited:
With the grandchildren from Oz. 'The Greatest Showman' dvd for an early morning start and energy boost. What a brilliant film. Off down the Thames to Picos, my family friendly haunt for a meal and see Mexico stuff the Germans, returning back along the river to home.

Trilby

Clanker
Book Reviewer
I got this rather fine pocket handkerchief plus a few other things, and spent the afternoon watching a film with my wife and daughter, which we rarely do, so I was well pleased.
20180617_134112-2.jpg

Wife and kids came for a gentle hike in the mountains, then a nice juicy burger and a few beers at a ski lodge. Pretty perfect day.

Last edited: