Fathers Day Gifts...What did you get ?

I got a lay in till 8am with fresh coffee, two cards, two bottles of beer with bright and funny labels.
Massive cuddles from by boys and 30 minutes of "this is how you play Minecraft" from my 8 year old.

All in all an awesome way to start Sunday and stopped me feeling sad about my dad not being alive.

A text from step-daughter thanking me for "still sticking with us all" (she lives in Devon, i dont). Nothing from the step-son who lives on his PS4 all day (he lives in his room which was 25m away). Nothing from the other step-daughter who flits in and out of the house with boyfriend.
Probably this is one of the reasons i never had children myself.....ungrateful vermin!

A text from step-daughter thanking me for "still sticking with us all" (she lives in Devon, i dont). Nothing from the step-son who lives on his PS4 all day (he lives in his room which was 25m away). Nothing from the other step-daughter who flits in and out of the house with boyfriend.
Probably this is one of the reasons i never had children myself.....ungrateful vermin!
I hope you reciprocate their love and generosity at birthdays and Christmas?

ugly

LE
As luck would have it we gatecrashed some corporate hospitality do where there was a buffet and a free bar and it all got very messy. An excellent and free night out.
You can the lad out of the army but you cant take the army out of the lad, how was Elton, did he look good?

Only asking for a friend!

Cards and a hug from my 2 sons, and we have a meal booked on Saturday, as they were both working. And a book about the SAS in Oman. Obviously I told them I was in it.

My son reminded me that, unlike last year, he hadn't hit me in the balls with a sword so that was kind of like a present.

Snap. Pointless other than to enrich card makers and purveyors of tat you don't want.

Everyone a winner
Indeed. I made it quite clear some time ago that I wasn't in the slightest interested, and that efforts made in this direction would be coldly met. Humourless bastard, me.

Indeed. I made it quite clear some time ago that I wasn't in the slightest interested, and that efforts made in this direction would be coldly met. Humourless bastard, me.
Although it's a reasonable ploy to con a gallon or two of the khaki officers' aftershave for men (Copyright Sir Spike) out of the fruit of your loins.

Dispense with the mawkish sentiment and you may be on a winner.

I'd feel sorry for you, if it wasn't for the fact that my wake up in the 60's was 05;45 Pak Air arrival and 720B's are F'kin noisy buggers. Cushty now.

I had 3 years of it, living just seconds from one of the main runways in Hounslow barracks. When the Concorde was doing noise tests, on parade, in beavers lane camp, ( Hounslow had two camps) even nearer to the bloody runway, the wash could be felt as it flew over at about 100 feet, and the noise was bloody incredible. At night the 747's took some getting used to.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Military History and Militaria 5
B US 28
W Classified Ads 0