fatherhood civilises men

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mister_Angry, Nov 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quote

It may be their behaviour is due to social reasons, but it might be they have relatively high levels of testosterone, or they are more sensitive to circulating levels of the hormone in the blood."

Or maybe they're just inadequate W@nkers who get jollies beating their kids.

2. I'm going to go with 'B,' Pike.

Just what we need, a new category in the culture of victimhood. "I'm not really a child-beating, cowardly sh!tbag....my testosterone levels are just too high!" :roll:

3. we can add that too other classics such as:

"I'm not a terrorist i'm a religous convertion executive"

and my favourite:

"i'm not chav, i'm a "Local Burberry advertising professional"

4. I'm trying to work out how having no sleep, not much sex and living on 50% of your previous joint income is in any way "civilizing."

V!

5. Any man whose behaviour is governed by his hormones rather than by rational deliberation, is by definition, UN-civilised.
    Other than minimising risk of a violent resolution to a domestic dispute, I cant see how a man becoming overly "fluffy" helps either his children or their mother.
    Surely our current social problems, as regards young people, are a direct result of soft parenting.
    I'm probably preaching to the converted on this forum, but it saddens me to see the pathetic, emasculated men in our society donning the mantle of "fatherhood"
    Visit any town center on a weekend, and watch the hordes of hen-pecked, subservient men being bullied by their domineering wives and disrespectful children.
    Rise up brothers! dump the Winnie-the-pooh sunscreens from your Mondeo, stop watching "Will & Grace" with "she who must be obeyed"
    drag your kids away from their games consoles and make them participate in a kick-about. If they moan, give em a thick ear. :wink: