• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

FATHER CRITICISES MoD

FATHER CRITICISES MoD
http://www.teletext.co.uk/news/stor...egionID=12&intSubsectionID=1&From=I&indent=30

A Bristol man has branded the MoD a "shambles" after revealing his soldier son had to spend hundreds of pounds on his own survival kit to go to Iraq.

Nigel Pearce, of Downend, said his son Nick, 21, who served in the Air Assault Regiment, had spent up to £800.

An Army spokeswoman said soldiers had always spent money on their kit, adding "individuals have individual tastes".
What the hell was his son buying? Survival kit?

I think Soldier Nick was probably moaning just little too much to his dad?

Well even if he went in 'green' like me, you could survive with the issue kit. If he spent 800 quid on 'shiny kit' to be comfortable, not to survive, then it's his own choice.

Mind you, if he was 16AA he probably bought the kit to try and look good for the locals before he was even deployed! :lol:

Disco said:
Nigel Pearce, of Downend, said his son Nick, 21, who served in the Air Assault Regiment, had spent up to £800.
the only ones who go on about "air assault...woah...check me out!" are the non-teeth arms at 16AABde.
Knowing certain arms & services' propensity to 'big-timing' I bet it was young some scaley at 216 (Para) Sig Sqn.

I bet he's creaming his pants with a ripstop desert SAS smock, chest rig, shemag and NVGs. Then he goes and works in the commcen :D

PD

p.s I'm fed up every man and his dog demanding a bloody "full and frank public inquiry" any time Pte Smith cuts himself shaving. F***ing wimps.

Latest Threads